Stopping Transcendent Thought...

kdryan

Chieftain
Hi all. I've been playing this game forever and the endless parade of Transcendent Thought discoveries has always annoyed the crap out of me. I have let it go into the 700's but it never ends. Does anyone know of a way or a mod to stop it?

Thanks...

Welcome to CivFanatics and the Alpha Centauri forum!

You should be able to remove the Transcendent Thought tech from the game as follows:
  • Make a backup copy of Alpha(x).txt in case something goes wrong.
  • Open Alpha(x).txt in a text editor such as Notepad.
  • In the #TECHNOLOGY section, locate the line Transcendent Thought, TranT, 0, 2, 0, 0, Thresh, ConSing, 000000000.
  • Change the entries of Thresh and ConSing both to Disable and save the file.

I tested this procedure and it definitely removes Transcendent Thought from the game. However, I don't know what will happen after you research all available techs. Probably the game will crash or freeze. Do you have a reason for continuing to play long after you could have transcended or won by some other means?

Do you think there is some way of silencing the announcements by replacing the announcement with a silent blank file? (assuming you are playing a version with all the file on your hard disk and not read from the CD.)

Welcome to CivFanatics and the Alpha Centauri forum!

You should be able to remove the Transcendent Thought tech from the game as follows:
  • Make a backup copy of Alpha(x).txt in case something goes wrong.
  • Open Alpha(x).txt in a text editor such as Notepad.
  • In the #TECHNOLOGY section, locate the line Transcendent Thought, TranT, 0, 2, 0, 0, Thresh, ConSing, 000000000.
  • Change the entries of Thresh and ConSing both to Disable and save the file.

I tested this procedure and it definitely removes Transcendent Thought from the game. However, I don't know what will happen after you research all available techs. Probably the game will crash or freeze. Do you have a reason for continuing to play long after you could have transcended or won by some other means?

Sorry it took so long to get back with you.

I simply like playing the game and re-shaping Planet and the factions into different forms. Sometimes I'll devote myself to preventing wars, sometimes to reversing the climate change and one time I even removed every enhancement on the map...

Fun times... :)

Top Bottom