2.0.2.23 patch operating systems?

Lefty Scaevola

Moderatus Illuminatus
Super Moderator
I have downloaded the GOG Planetary pack and 2.0.2.23 patch from GOG onto a windowsXP SP# box. Is the 2.0.2.23 patch for use just on WinXP or is it for WIN VIsta and Win7? The manual refers to the "Installation Guide" which does not seem to be included with the GOG installer version.

As far as I know, if you downloaded SMACX from GOG anytime after early Jan. 2013, you should have the most recent official patches with no need to apply any other patches. When GOG added SMAX to their release (which was originally SMAC only), they didn't patch it correctly and had to issue some corrected patches. See this thread for more information.

If you're correctly patched, then GOG's terran.exe and terranx.exe both should be date stamped Jan. 2, 2013. Also, the beginning of the file cyborg.txt should appear as follows:

Code:
#CYBORG
The Cybernetic Consciousness, The Algorithm, Consciousness, F, 1, Aki Zeta-5, F, -1, 0, 1, 0, 1,
  TECH, Physic, TECH, InfNet, IMPUNITY, Cybernetic, SOCIAL, ++RESEARCH, SOCIAL, ++EFFIC, SOCIAL, -GROWTH, TECHSTEAL, 0

If the TECHSTEAL entry is present, then you're good to go. Let me know if that's not the case.

Yep, I just want to make sure I get the basic install correct on WinXP first. I have been running my SMAX for over a decade on and WinME machine (still going strong). I have my original SMAC installation working on a Win98 machine.

Top Bottom