Global Highland Challenge Pitboss

I have to leave until Tuesday... so I tried this:

As it seems all the players can connect correctly, I set up a game with chosen civ/leaders. I hope all goes well.

I propose this is the launch of the game!

Good luck to all!

Edit : civstats won't run until Tuesday I hope, it won't bother...

Has the game actually been started? I'm in, but I don't see any turn-timer and my units a) won't move, and b) don't have any action buttons.

I'm not getting in. It bring up a menu saying "the save is ..." and then it exits program too quickly for me to read it. Maybe something about assets.

@Rusten: sorry

Edit: "the save file you have ... is protected to ensue the files cannot be changed" still a paraphrase, but it looks like I have the same problem as classical hero

slaze.

Make sure the mod directory is civ4/bts/mods/NoscoreV2 not civ4/bts/mods/NoScoreV2/NoscoreV2 (and of course you unzipped the file)

make sure you are loading the mod first, then attempting to connect

If that doesn't fix it, in mydocuments/mygames/ - rename your entire BeyondTheSword directory temporarily and try again.

I can't connect to the test server.

I'm not even getting any connection going. I click connect, and immediately, I get a message saying, "can't connect to the game." I did connect to my other pitboss, though. And that pitboss was using a mod as well.

By the way, when I say immediately, I mean immediately. A nanosecond.

EDIT: Oh, the game started. I thought everyone was supposed to conenct first? Ah well that must be the problem. What's the game IP?

EDIT 2: Oh, the game IP is the same sa the test IP .. well this poses a bit of a problem. :lol:

@DMOC: Could always have been some sort of conflict with someone else logged in at the time.

@Geronimo: I'm guessing that civstats is going to have to wait until you're back on Tuesday?

I had similar problem like slave and DMOC about error massage, but solution was that i unpacked files from wrong zip file :) .... nevermind. Now, everything works ok, i can log in and i'm waiting for unpause game.

Edit: aa Geronimo can you give us link from civstats site to check turn ?

Thx Munro for at a reminder about "pause" button. I made a turn and pause a game too/still.

BTW, Toroidal won't fix the water strip at the top and bottom. That's part of the Lakes map script - I don't think there's any way to get rid of it (although normally it will be all Ice - I think the test map must have been generated with the 'Ice' either completely turned off, or set to 'Not along coast').

That was some bad advice Munro, missed it at the time. Toroidal fixes the water strip as it connects north and south. Now that the map is not made toroidal any cities build on the water strip will be limited to 3 tiles of water.

Top Bottom