Sub-Par graphics, congrats firaxis.

graphics, who cares? So long as its a step up from civ4, which it looks like it will be, I'm happy. I want good gameplay, graphics are secondary.
:thumbsup: The fan community can always provide new graphics, like Snoopy's terrain, etc. etc.

I do not want advanced graphics, i want advanced AI

Propaganda by Graphics Card manufacture and capitalist mentality

Well lets admit we all like a nice looking game. Sadly things can look dated pretty fast. I remember when Oblivion was considered awe inspiring graphics. Now its just Nice graphics.

Honestly i like the graphics I have seen so far

THE GRAPHICS ARE FINE FOR AN PRE-ALPHA!!!!
hell I could live with the graphics as they are now

I haven't seen a mountain with forest on it. the mountains look like garbage. there is one mountain on the coastline that is 80% covered in snow, but the climate surrounding the area doesn't look to be gold.(in one of the new pictures)

Those graphics suck... here's the reason anyone talks about it.

The dev's are making a huge deal about it.
They will always try to make the graphics better as a sell point.

But in the end, the city looks fake and terrible, the terrain looks okay but nothing special. Overall, the graphics suck compared to many top-notch 3d games already available years ago.

And there may be some changes, but 5 is not far out, so that is probably close to what you will get.

This is what you get with a game that runs on high end and slow notebooks as well.

Tom

More garbage from the haters. :rolleyes:

I just took at look at the first screen shot of the interface and I have to say I was tremendously impressed. The mountain range looked stunning.

This mass hysteria by people who started whining about an alpha screen shot would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic. :lol:

You, good sir, will just say everything is good with no reason. Someone could probably sell you a half-eaten plate of food and you would think you are getting a good deal.

The graphics are no better than games that came out years ago, If you are impressed by the graphics, then you seemingly are unaware that the graphics are not incredible by any standard compared to other games. They are par.

If the game runs fast, it's not because of excellent programming, it's because they have nerfed the number of units and cities... yet again.

This is a place to discuss our opinions of the graphics.. if you don't like it.. then get the hell out.

Tom

You, good sir, will just say everything is good with no reason. Someone could probably sell you a half-eaten plate of food and you would think you are getting a good deal.

The graphics are no better than games that came out years ago, If you are impressed by the graphics, then you seemingly are unaware that the graphics are not incredible by any standard compared to other games. They are par.

If the game runs fast, it's not because of excellent programming, it's because they have nerfed the number of units and cities... yet again.

This is a place to discuss our opinions of the graphics.. if you don't like it.. then get the hell out.

Tom

No need to be rude. :rolleyes:

I was merely commenting on the screen shot of the interface which looks awesome.

I am sure you or others will hate it anyway because your preconceived minds are already made up.

If you hate the game so much then go play something else. It's not a hard concept to understand.

No need to be rude...

Thormodr said:
More garbage from the haters. :rolleyes:... This mass hysteria by people who starting whining... if it weren't so pathetic.

Uhhh.. yea.

Having played since 1, they are drastically changing the foundation of the game away from what Civilization is. It's becoming more of a turn-based Age of Empires. Newcomers to the game won't know this. Their efforts are towards a broader audience by nerfing what made Civ popular to begin with, hence the skepticism in what they are doing.

Tom

No need to be rude. :rolleyes:

I was merely commenting on the screen shot of the interface which looks awesome.

I am sure you or others will hate it anyway because your preconceived minds are already made up.

If you hate the game so much then go play something else. It's not a hard concept to understand.

how are our preconceived minds made up? its obvious that the graphics are sub par to modern games. Firaxis are selling the new graphics thing to guys like you. Its fine though, you don't care for a good looking game. I just happen to think it enhances the gameplay a lot. A game isn't very convincing to me if my cities like they're floating in mid air.

the game already looks outdated. I'm sorry if I'm making you come back down to earth, but its the reality of the situation.

Like I've said before somewhere along the line, I'm just tired of Firaxis under developing this aspect of they're games. Its not just Civ, its all of their games. They need to start shelling out the dough and get some real computer graphic guys on they're team.

*insert statement about pre alpha graphics yet again*

Outdated? Compared to what, exactly?

Are you serious? You are actually asking for a list of high quality graphic games... These could be listed by the hundreds... and they all look better than Civ 5 pre-alpha graphics. Even if they drastically improve the graphics, it will still be par on the graphical scale.

Avatar is the ultimatum of graphical genious. Civ 5 is behind the times in what they have shown. Civ 4 was waaay behind. Civ 3 was the same. Firaxsis graphic budget is either low, or they didn't hire the right people.

There is a thing called 'Google'. I won't search for what I'm sure you can find yourself.

Tom

Are we really still arguing about this? Which similar tile-based strategy games are making Civ V look so inferior, exactly? I'm not sure we've had a single example in the entire thread. Show me some beautiful tiled terrain and then we can discuss where we think Civ V is going wrong.

tom2050 said:
Having played since 1, they are drastically changing the foundation of the game away from what Civilization is. It's becoming more of a turn-based Age of Empires.
No, they're not, and I'll bet you don't have a single shred of evidence to back this up. It's FUD.

Are we really still arguing about this? Which similar tile-based strategy games are making Civ V look so inferior, exactly? I'm not sure we've had a single example in the entire thread. Show me some beautiful tiled terrain and then we can discuss where we think Civ V is going wrong.

No, they're not, and I'll bet you don't have a single shred of evidence to back this up. It's FUD.

Don't you know the sky is falling? The haters go through the same old idiotic song and dance whenever a new Civ game is released.

If they made incredible graphics that only 20% of people's computer's could use then 80% of their potential customers would be SOL. The fan base would erode and potentially there wouldn't be a Civ 6. That would be an unwise business decision. Is this really a hard concept for some people?

Don't you know the sky is falling? The haters go through the same old idiotic song and dance whenever a new Civ game is released.

If they made incredible graphics that only 20% of people's computer's could use then 80% of their potential customers would be SOL. The fan base would erode and potentially there wouldn't be a Civ 6. That would be an unwise business decision. Is this really a hard concept for some people?
Better Graphics = no Civ 6... that was well thought out I see.

Your ignorance is bliss. Seems full out 3d games with incredible graphics don't have these problems where they only work on 20% of machines. 3d First Person takes more processor power than a tiled 3d image.

The only hater here is you... you are ignoring the obvious. I think Civ 5 looks good, but a simple statement of the truth that the graphics are sub-par has gotten you all wild up.

After all... the thread is called Sub-Par graphics, congrats firaxis. It's the point of the discussion.

I criticize where necessary, and give props to what I think is good. That's how developers know what people think is good or bad. You say everything is great. Having no opinion helps no one.

Tom

Top Bottom