Funniest Webcomics Part 4: warning! XD's ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoplitejoe

Top fun-poster
I petition that if this thread is not at least 10% funnier than the last, all that posted in it should be banned.

SATW on the first page. We're off to a good start.

...or have you just been holding off on posting that one until we got through "Out of Humon Comics"? :lol:

SATW on the first page. We're off to a good start.

...or have you just been holding off on posting that one until we got through "Out of Humon Comics"? :lol:

It's only a few days old...

All of those criticisms are legit. The time Tolkien wrote the book was different from ours, so it's not like we can really hold him to account to the level we could modern writers, but these still hold as criticisms of the book.

Unless you really think it is fine to not criticises book which do this normally?

THE PC POLICE ARE HERE, DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ALL YOU WHITE MALES!!!

I'm not saying he was a misogynist or racist or anything, just his books could help enforce those views.

There are also neo-nazi fans of ice-cream; that they like it is not a reflection upon its merit.

If they liked the ice cream due to the chocolate chip's opinions on race relations it might though. That is getting away from the point though, I highly doubt tolkien was a Nazi.

There is no harm in talking about things in the book which are out of place today, and no harm in making changes to accommodate that in adaptations.

Spoiler :
Denmark have some of the strictest food laws in the world, which is kind of pissing the rest of Europe off because it means they can't sell their stuff to Denmark.

One of the first things I noticed when I moved back to Denmark after having lived in England for a year was how quickly food went bad, so it would seem Denmark is quite picky about chemicals in the food too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom