Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Please report all single player bugs and crashes for the SVN version of C2C here.

If you are using the download version of Caveman2Cosmos v35 please use the other thread.

To assist us in fixing the problem please include the version of C2C you are playing.

If the bug involved a repeatable "Crash to Desktop" (CTD) or similar please include
  • a save and description of how to reproduce the crash
  • if your mods folder is not Caveman2Cosmos please state what it is when posting a save to help the modders and save them time when trying to identify the problem.
  • the MiniDump.dmp file. It is found in your Beyond the Sword folder that contains the Mods file containing Caveman2Cosmos. IE the folder that contains the BeyondTheSword.exe file.

If the bug includes error messages then the Python.Err file in the logs folder would be useful also. It can be found in the same location as the the Saves folder containing your save games.

A screen shot.

Basically as much information as you can that will help us find the problem[/INDENT]

If you saw the AI doing something stupid/unoptimal/otherwise bad make sure your BBAI logging is set to 3 in the BUG options. Then, post a savegame exhibiting the behavior as well as the BBAI log, found in the Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs folder.

How to turn on logging.

In the Civ 4 INI file, located in Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword, there are some logging options. Make sure they look like this.
Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 0 

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

Note: You only need to have RandLogs on if you are playing Multiplayer, otherwise just leave that off (thx Cyrusfan)

How to turn on the AI logging.

The AI logging is turned on in the BUG options screens. It is the BBAI log mentioned on the Logs page. It writes to the same folder as the other logs creating a BBAI.log file there.

Known issues
Forming a Colony may cause you to declare war on everyone including your other vassals.

Boats on auto explore will try and heal next to land units that are damaging them. They stay there trying until they sink.

Signs you place on the map disappear if you save.

The map script Three Planets probably wont work crashing to desk top. There is something wrong with the way the terrain graphics interact. If you use the older alternate terrain graphics it will probably work. Not sure with the newer alternate terrain graphics. We are trying to figure out why.

The Mangrove terrain feature is the cause of the various grain resources and others sometimes looking like swamps. It is being looked at but is basically a complete mystery.​

There seems to be a mesh issue with the "Babirusa" animal model. This appeared "fresh" in the latest 7858 build somehow. In the 7856 one there was a similar issue with the "Master hunter" model, and the mesh issue was much worse (i.e. from some angles it covered literally the whole screen).

EDIT: the game just suddenly crashed without any message. Loading the last autosave seems to have gone well. I've attached some of the log files that appear as last modified at the exact time of the crash. The reason why i'm not attaching a saved game is that this crash is inconsistent - i.e. it occurs after playing for a random number of turns and not after a specific number (right now i'm expecting to play without issues for ~50 turns, but i'm sure it'll crash some time after).

SVN version - 7858

Attachments

• bug_babirusa.jpg
    bug_babirusa.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 192
  • crash_logs.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 81
Hello,

I am playing v. 35, and noticed weird thing - after discovering writing I still can't make embassies nor trade technologies.

Is is a bug or it is suppose to be this way?

And i am playing advanced diplomacy

Hello,

I am playing v. 35, and noticed weird thing - after discovering writing I still can't make embassies nor trade technologies.

Is is a bug or it is suppose to be this way?

And i am playing advanced diplomacy

AFAIK, the civs who you want to trade must have the techs too now.

Does it means that they also must have writing already, if i want to trade with them?

@ alberts2

Here is a HUGE turnnnnn times problem i had in the Classical Era, it took over 1 minute, with very few cities (IMPO) and only 7 civs, but it should have taken less than 20 sec??

I have alot more in really early Ancient Era when turn times are around 30-45 sec and should only be around 15 secs?? If you want them??

There seems to be a mesh issue with the "Babirusa" animal model. This appeared "fresh" in the latest 7858 build somehow. In the 7856 one there was a similar issue with the "Master hunter" model, and the mesh issue was much worse (i.e. from some angles it covered literally the whole screen).

EDIT: the game just suddenly crashed without any message. Loading the last autosave seems to have gone well. I've attached some of the log files that appear as last modified at the exact time of the crash. The reason why i'm not attaching a saved game is that this crash is inconsistent - i.e. it occurs after playing for a random number of turns and not after a specific number (right now i'm expecting to play without issues for ~50 turns, but i'm sure it'll crash some time after).

SVN version - 7858

I think Hydro will be working on these at this point based on another post he made elsewhere. I'd suspect the crash is involving that effect.

Does it means that they also must have writing already, if i want to trade with them?

"Embassy, Open Borders, Defensive Pact, Permanent Alliance, Right of Passage, Tech, Map and Gold trading now requires that both players have the required tech"

Yes.

@ alberts2

Here is a HUGE turnnnnn times problem i had in the Classical Era, it took over 1 minute, with very few cities (IMPO) and only 7 civs, but it should have taken less than 20 sec??

I have alot more in really early Ancient Era when turn times are around 30-45 sec and should only be around 15 secs?? If you want them??

This save shows a performance problem with some UnitCombat evaluations. I had already discovered this issue in a few other games and i have already fixed it here.
With my improved dll the turn time for this save goes down from 35 to 15 seconds.

I'am still working on a few other issues, it might take a few days before i put this into the svn.

Not sure this is the right thread to post this but... fortifying units and then attacking with them improves the odds of survival (i.e. the fortifying defense bonus is not canceled on attack). I'm not sure whether this is just a tooltip error (i.e. pressing ALT while hovering an enemy unit when having a fortified one selected), or the numbers are actually true. :scan:

I have Currency tech but i cant trade with my gold????

You have it but both players must have it.

"Embassy, Open Borders, Defensive Pact, Permanent Alliance, Right of Passage, Tech, Map and Gold trading now requires that both players have the required tech"

You are right i missed to put that up for discussion:(

But it always bothered me because how is possible to trade e.g. gold with someone who doesn't know anything about trading gold........

I see only two solutions
  1. You can't trade e.g. gold with them.
  2. You have to teach them how to do it first.

I choose 1 because 2 means you give the Tech away for free.

Doesn't make sense at all. Gold is a measure that is available from the beginning, it is a measure of wealth.

Trade goods for goods should start with Barter or at the latest Trade. This includes wealth or may be a bulk amount of wealth with perhaps the per turn one coming into effect when the side providing the per turn amount has currency.

As for diplomatic agreements all you need is Oral Tradition or perhaps something slightly more advanced.
... it is too late at night and I am still unwell maybe I can think a bit clearer tomorrow

You are right i missed to put that up for discussion:(

But it always bothered me because how is possible to trade e.g. gold with someone who doesn't know anything about trading gold........

I see only two solutions
  1. You can't trade e.g. gold with them.
  2. You have to teach them how to do it first.

I choose 1 because 2 means you give the Tech away for free.
I noticed and was totally in agreement with the adjustment so made no issue of it. I like it. I'm not really too big on trading much anyhow.

I am playing v. 35.

And I have noticed weird AI behavior -

I have already founded 8 cities, have made advances in Technologies (almost Writing level) etc,

But most of AI rivals (around 20 of them) have only 1 cities each (except few with 2 cities).

Why AI behave this way and do not seek to expand?

In previous versions AI did tried to establish as many cities as possible.

I am playing v. 35.

And I have noticed weird AI behavior -

I have already founded 8 cities, have made advances in Technologies (almost Writing level) etc,

But most of AI rivals (around 20 of them) have only 1 cities each (except few with 2 cities).

Why AI behave this way and do not seek to expand?

In previous versions AI did tried to establish as many cities as possible.

I have been asking that in over 6 months now?????

Top Bottom