CivStats.com - View your Pitboss games on the web

Yeah, when I said the email stuff was working... I lied. :mischief: I thought I had fixed it but I didn't.

But I DID fix it last night for real, and it sounds like it's working now so that's good.

Fosse - Are the "recovery saves" created more often than once per turn? My objective of the improved auto-save feature will be to have it save the game every time a player logs off, to create the absolute safest situation - if the server crashes, there should be no rollback unless someone was actually online at the time.

However, right now my civstats development time is being taken up by devloping the mod portion of the project. When this is done it will be a sight to behold! ;)

I belive that they are saved every time a player ends his turn. So if people in a game tend to log on and log off without ending their turn, your Auto Save feature would cause an increased number of saves.

I may be mistaken about this. Great Scott might be able to answer that question with some looking, since 90% of the time when people log onto Realpolitik they don't end the turn.

Actually I just looked at mine, it saves every time a player logs out - turn completed or not. My own last turn was completed at 8:30AM this morning, I logged in again at 11:30AM and adjusted a city name. On the pitboss server my own recoverysave is timestamped 11:30AM.

And there are a dozen other recoverysaves (one for each player) in the last 24hrs, all the same size (~250Kb) or growing slightly larger, exactly the same size as my "manual save" made at the same time.

Where are these saves stored? The only saves I know about are in the autosave directory and those are made once a turn... I haven't looked that hard though.

namliaM said:
Now I am getting 2 emails :( one with <<< No Message Collected >>>

and one "normal" one ....

Me too. For both games I am in...

Darkness said:
Me too. For both games I am in...

At least one player in my games (Ybbor) is having the same problem, though I'm not.

OverloadUT said:
Where are these saves stored? The only saves I know about are in the autosave directory and those are made once a turn... I haven't looked that hard though.

C:\Documents and Settings\<yourloginnamehere>\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Saves\multi\auto

Yes, I am having the same problem on my game. I will look in to it. I have no idea why it's sending twice...

I made a slight code change to see if it will fix it. I doubt it will though.

When I have some more free time I will look in to it better.

OverloadUT said:
Yes, I am having the same problem on my game. I will look in to it. I have no idea why it's sending twice...

I made a slight code change to see if it will fix it. I doubt it will though.

When I have some more free time I will look in to it better.

If you've already done anything about it, then it worked. I got only one email for the new turn in the CDZ grouphug game... :)

:goodjob:

Me 2 got 1 turn email...

Got a small request tho, In "My games" can you list the time remaining? Nothing big cause its easy enought to check, but this would be that little bit easier :)

Notice: People are getting lazy allready (and spoiled)

2 mails again, for both games... :(

Alternate reality: 1 good one and one <<< No Message Collected >>>
CDZ grouphug: 2 identical mails

I'm working on the problem.

The problem seems to be in sendmail itself, not in my code - which means it'll be a little difficult to fix.

Okay I think the problem is fixed now. I sent myself about 30 test messages and got no duplicates.

Please post here if you get double emails in the future.

Just a quick heads-up, I and another player in my game (both Gmail users, I think) had our civstats notification emails go into our spam folders last turn. Not necessarily something you can do anything about, but figured you might want to keep it in mind if someone reports not getting email. :)

OverloadUT, I've just initiated another pitboss game (Civivor Warlords) and when executing the v1.0.01 uploader, it asks me for the location of pitboss.exe. Per this thread I'm using the 'fixed' pitboss executable, but it is Civ4Warlords_Fixed_v200.exe or thereabouts. Do I just select that executable, or do I need to rename it in order for the uploader to run?

Edit: Nevermind, it appears that selecting the fixed v2.0 version of warlords pitboss worked fine.

Top Bottom