NYURDRMS WARLORDS Pitboss Game

NYURDRMS

Chieftain
This will be my first Pitboss server attempt. I am taking names for people that want to play a WARLORDS game. You must have the Warlords expansion to join this game.

I plan to start this game this Saturday, 8/5/2006 at noon Eastern Time. Turns will be run every 22 hours after. Players inactive for 5 consecutive turns will be booted and a new player will be brought in, unless I am notified of the leave of absense.

If you are intersted in playing PM me with your email address and civ of choice. First come first serve and I will post those civs taken already.

I will start the game at the time listed above and you will have 22 hours to log in, lock in your civ, and play your first turn. Those that don't log in that first 24 hours will be kicked and another player allowed to play.

I plan on playing the "Inland Sea" map, for those that aren't familir it is like a big doughnut with water in the middle.
Temporate Temperature
Medium Sea Level
Large Map
Ancient Time
Regular Resources
Normal Speed
All victory conditions

Players signed up so far:

Conquistador45 - Brennus, Celts
NYURDRMS - Gandi, Indian
Fosse - Ramses II, Egypt
portuga - Huayna Capac, Incas
HitAnyKey - Churchill, England
ptpan - Genghis Khan, Mongolia
Shane - Elizabeth, England
Flasch186 - Julius Ceasar, Rome
ForesterSOF - Wang Kon, Korea
lplayer - Alexander, Greece

Reserve:
zenspiderz

I plan to have 10 human players, any over that will be posted here for reserve in case somebody drops.

I plan to use CivStats to track game progress.

If you are not familiar with this service, please see the following:

1. You have to go to www.civstats.com and create an account.
2. Once we have started the game I will register it with civstats where you can monitor the progress, turn timer, points, and I believe make diplomatic offers.

Should be a lot of fun.

Good luck,
Chad

I'm interested in playing. Will you want to have an accelerated start? I would much prefer to be in a game with an accelerated start/ regular sessions. All the same put me down for Koreans. :D

I should have my Warlords by Thursday as it is shipping out from Amazon today. Worst case scenario (I hope) it should arrive on Friday which should hopefully still give me enough time to get in during that first turn.

I'd like to try out Churchill of England.

Starting to fill up. I don't plan an accelerated start as I need have dinner plans that night, but I do plan to be around Saturday during the day, East Coast, so hopefully we can get everybody together on that day and run a bunch of turns out.

Well that would most likely only work out if most of the players were in North America. But as I'm sure is going to happen with this game, there will be people all over the world and with the range of timezones we'll never have everyone on at the same time.

The best Pitboss games I was in were the ones run where the only players accepted were those within the PST to EST timezones, which would allow multiple group sessions per week. We actually finished 2 full games (with 6 people in each one) in the course of a few months.

I am open all day, but you are right, if there are people all around the world that probably won't work to well, but we will see.

OverloadUT said:
Looks like I need to get images for the new leaders and add them to the CivStats database. :D

Hey Overload,

I didn't think about that. Do you forsee any problems with the Warlords and your CivStats, other than the pictures?

Great add on by the way.

Chad

NYURDRMS said:
I am open all day, but you are right, if there are people all around the world that probably won't work to well, but we will see.

As long as it happens during the weekend, I think it's possible, especially if only North Am and Europe are involved. NA plays in the morning when it is afternoon in Europe.

If we are really scattered around the globe, then the minority would accept odd hours to accomodate the majority ?

Lets just see what we get, I believe right now everybody is in North America.

Nope, Portuga is in Portugal. Which is either GMT or GMT-1. But that's still only a few hours difference from those of us on the east coast (EST), so it's not too bad.
It would be about 7-8 hours difference for anyone on the west coast (PST).

So it's possible, but still makes things a bit difficult.

That's right I'm on GMT...
I think it's quite feasible for me to play on an accelerated start session, as long as it goes no further then 9pm EST.

I 'm in the UK which is GMT 0 (except in summer when it is BST (british summer time) which is GMT +1. I can be available almost anytime though except weekends :)
I think I would not want to play unless it was high chance of regular sessions. Other wise the game takes just too long.​

I may end up having to back out of this game anyway. The more I think about it, the more I realize I probably won't have my game in time. The shipment tracking shows that it still hasn't even gone out yet (USPS simply having been provided the tracking info so far) and even when it does, it's just going regular mail. So it's highly likely I won't receive it until Monday or Tuesday. And missing that many turns early in the game is suicide, plus it would make it a slow start for the rest of you.

So I should probably just pull my name from the list now and wait until another Warlords PTBS game starts up sometime after this week.

Maybe we could hold off the start until Saturday around noon east coast, that way we can keep "hitanykey" if you still want to play. Sounds like we should be able to rip off a bunch of turns and actually do an accelerated start. I am going to update it to reflect that.

Everybody please note the top and the new start time with an accelerated start.

Chad

I have no way of guaranteeing I can make any session right now. In theory I'm free that day, but weekends are unpredictable for me.

Sorry I can't do saturday (or friday and sunday)...

:(

No problem Zen, I will be happy to put in the reserve area if you wish, so if somebody drops we can pick up. Let me know if that works?

Chad

Top Bottom