Fate of CDGroup / CDG & TBX

A possible solution would be to find that file name in the core files, copy it into a similar folder in the balancer folder. I would imagine in one unit folder or another. If that makes any sense.

Hopefully it isn't a file that is in like every unit folder.

Kingpin, do you have a copy of TBX-R still?

I found a copy at the Storm Over Civilization Forums. The only problem I had was a missing folder, and that might be easily solved (I await a reply to my query elsewhere on this forum).

As someone noted on this boards, the Mac OS is designed to be particular about how things are done. If it aint where it's supposed to be, Mac would rather not deal with it. Since I'm a lot like that, and I have reason to believe I'm autistic in some manner, I have to wonder, is the Mac OS autistic? (And what does it say about Jobs and Wozniak?)

:nuke:ok playing civi 3 and on the senaro balancer and it said go here for the full balancer umm ya i am here but dont know where or how to get it is it even still around ?:nuke:

Sorry if this drags up bad-blood, but you can't totally forget to mention the truth about what happened here at this site for a while that was driving some to cdgroup...

Oh my, the story of CDG, told by its founder no less!. Never seen this pages before. Quite the interesting reading.

Yes i also played the balancer, i've never been satisfied (sp?) with the vanilla civ3 nor 4, as well as DyP/RaR (how could someone forget about this ones?)
Im sorry for your medical problems, its good to hear you're in a better status this days.

You might be wondering a little about me, well, you (well, one of your staff members back on the original CDG) gave me a subforum to host my mod (it was a fusion/convert to C3C of Teturkan;s - something like that - mod and DyP, when RaR wasnt out yet) and hosted its files too. I remember all the trouble i had the go through because it was almost impossible to get 120MB hosted for free somewhere. And altho it didnt had too much success other than a few friends on the spanish site on apolyton, im pretty sure you (indirectly or not) helped a lot of people this way.

So thanks for everything!. :D

PD. Sorry if the writing/spelling is kinda messed up, english aint my mother language :)

It wasn't just the Nazi Bit that got people kicked. That administrator was kicking people who made good points against him in arguments when they happened. I got kicked by him for a while. Thankfully, he calmed down after a while of me not being arround and the board reinstated me. That is a forgotten fact of that time. I was here for quite a while. I think obviously you were well before I was kicked. It was a good mod. I liked it.
Healz.

Hey Elucidus!

I just found this thread, and it's been really good to read it! I'm sorry to hear about all the troubles that arose around CDG, be they online or private-real-life. I hope it's better for you now.

For me CDG was a great time in my online and gaming life. Back then I was at university, in my little bedsit with my laptop. I was doing The Ancient Mediterranean MOD and got the forum and hosting on CDG. I was reading and posting on CDG several times a day... We had a great community there, with people who I knew quite well back then. It's funny to read all those old names now. It was so long ago!

I always thought it a shame that the site went down and failed to relaunch as Evogroup (or whatever the name was, I forgot). And you're absolutely right that CDG was one of the first sites to give free forums and free hosting!

Thanks to you Elucidus, Desert Fox, and all the others who made CDG what it was. :)

Elucidus, Please help. Is there any way to get the full "Balancer" in 2010. I wont play civ4 3 was made for me. Thanks for the partial I have its fun if a bit incomplete.

Top Bottom