Quick Questions and Answers

http://www.dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/vanilla/POLICY_COLLECTIVE_RULE.aspx
In the vanilla game, Collective Rule doesn't have any prerequisites so it appears as the first item. With the G+K expansion, Collective Rule first requires Republic, so it appears as the second item. In both cases, however, Collective Rule's description should read "Speeds the training of Settlers by 50% in the Capital and a free Settler appears near the Capital." The "Newly founded cities" description you're getting is from an older version of the game. Steam should automatically update the game to the latest version. You may need to have it re-validate the game files (right-click the game, choose Properties, and it should be on one of the tabs) to make it re-check everything. I know that the Mac version of the game is slightly behind when it comes to receiving patches. I'm not sure where they're currently at as far as version number. So if you're playing on a Mac, that might explain the mismatch as well (though I was sure they had at least caught up to the version where that policy info changed).

Hi all,

Is there a straightforward way to buy DLC without having to use Steam?
Well no... But it's not like you can even play the game without Steam... :D

Well no... But it's not like you can even play the game without Steam... :D

Don't remind me :( I'm reluctant enough to have it installed on my computer but there's no way I'm going to give them my financial information. Guess I'l just have to leave off the DLC until they release it all on disk.

Don't remind me :( I'm reluctant enough to have it installed on my computer but there's no way I'm going to give them my financial information. Guess I'l just have to leave off the DLC until they release it all on disk.

You can buy using a debit card, even if someone hacks Steam he wouldn't be able to do anything with that information. There are also online stores where you can buy the DLC via PayPal, although you will still of course need Steam to activate it -a friend of mine bought the Spain and Inca DLC like that.

And they did release (almost) all the DLCs on a disc together with the main game - the GOTY edition.

What happens if you build Hagia Sophia or finish the liberty tree or in some other way get a GP before you found a pantheon?

What happens if you build Hagia Sophia or finish the liberty tree or in some other way get a GP before you found a pantheon?
Haven't done it myself but I am pretty sure someone tried this. You found a religion. You simply never get a pantheon belief, you just found a religion without it.

Would love if someone confirmed this though, like I said, haven't tested it myself, so I might be way off.

You can buy using a debit card, even if someone hacks Steam he wouldn't be able to do anything with that information. There are also online stores where you can buy the DLC via PayPal, although you will still of course need Steam to activate it -a friend of mine bought the Spain and Inca DLC like that.

And they did release (almost) all the DLCs on a disc together with the main game - the GOTY edition.

Thanks!

Is there a way to enable the delaying adopting policy option by default so that I dont have to select that every game during advance setup?

Is there a way to enable the delaying adopting policy option by default so that I dont have to select that every game during advance setup?
As far as I know, no
Reposting this.
Unfortunately I haven't seen any way to change the language in-game. That's probably why nobody answered that question the first time you posted - I don't think you can change the language without a complete reinstall.
Where can I find a list of all the map types and their descriptions?
http://wiki.2kgames.com/civ5/index.php/Advanced_Setup_Map_Generators It's the best one I know of. Unfortunately not all map types are included - you won't find a single one from Gods and Kings.

I'm ashamed I don't know this after over 200 hours played. But why sometimes my units can't enter the water? I have optics, but I still can't enter the water? Why?

I'm ashamed I don't know this after over 200 hours played. But why sometimes my units can't enter the water? I have optics, but I still can't enter the water? Why?

You must move them back to your territory to acquire that skill.

Optics reads something like "...all units which enter friendly territory gain this ability". I've been able to embark scouts from OB and friend/allied CS tiles so add that to the list of maiden-embarkation-enabled territory.

I think that's it. Thanks.

Yeah the tooltip confused me with the bit about friendly territory.

Top Bottom