Accurate CTP 1 Government Information

Jacen_Fel

Chieftain
For anyone that wanted it all one place they could find it (as far as I can tell the only thing people have linked for Ctp governments is pictures of the Ctp 2 charts) I put it all in one excel sheet. I deciphered the information straight out of the code. I believe all the red shaded governments are indicative of governments that they computer only can use or perhaps that rebel groups might become--just speculating on that though. Anyway hope its useful, I kept out the general ranking stuff that you can easily see in the library but most everything else is in here and all. Just unzip and open the excel file. Enjoy!

Edit: Updated file to include Gold and Production coefficients for each government.

Attachments

• Governments.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 327
Hey thanks for this. I was looking for something comparing actual gov statistics, specifically city limits, and the GL (in game) is incomplete. Thank you again.

Any chance the headers could be a bit more descriptive? I'm not entirely sure, for instance, if the rush buy modifiers are multipliers on base production cost or something else.

Also no idea what max units (under war discontent) impacts, or what the per unit is (I assume unhappiness per unit away from city... not sure.)

The threshold 80 for all govs, the conquest distress (is it -happiness? or duration?), the coefficients (Is it a multiplier on the base values for the empire? for each city?)

I like that the data is available, I'd just like some help interpreting.

Sorry to necro, this is the only thread about CtP govs I could find anywhere so I figured this is the best place to ask.

*Edit: Lol I just had to scroll down it's all there. Thanks again man.

I've been messing around with government types and I notice a lot of confusion with how the bonus multiplers stack with the slider settings. For example, Technocracy isn't really that great of a choice for production without the A.I. Entity wonder in place (since the base 6 workhours gives you -25% production, which really gives you something like 0.75 production per unit x 2 = 1.50). Not only is this equal to what Corporate Republic gives you, but if you go one step backwards with your governments, Fascism actually pulls 2.25 production per unit because the 50% government bonus can be stacked with a 50% 12-hour workday bonus.

Another thing I've noticed is that the Growth statistic on the governments makes no sense at all, unless it relates to some arbitrary slider setting that can often be changed. Usually what I'll do is aim for 10 food consumed per citizen and around 88 happiness to cause celebrations.

One important nuance too is that the sliders aren't balanced, for instance taking gold up to 5 or 6 units per citizen is almost a meaningless penalty in comparison to the 50% production benefit gained civ-wide for increased work-hours-- if you've planned your civilization right with plenty of coastal cities, river basins, and internal trade routes. If you're still not convinced, city clocks are good for 1 pip on the slider and television nullifies the drawbacks completely.

Top Bottom