CFC Steam Group

I spent however much the Orange Box was to get TF2 and I got that money out of it years ago. I also don't remember TF2 costing $30.

Same. Paying that much for Half Life 2, Episodes 1 and 2, Portal, and a goddamned hat was well worth it.

You missed out but its not too late!

EDIT: Just tried to see if TF2 would run on my laptop so I installed the game from my Orange Box discs. I still have to download FIVE GIGS IN PATCHES! The actual game was just over 4 gigs.

Okay, the update did something to my TF2 game, and now the item and menu text is in the wrong font. (Some dull monotonous font instead of the cartoony tf2 font) I tried reinstalling, but it didn't do anything. Any ideas?

In other news, I got Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Very fun. :D

I've got well over 1000 hours on TF2 and I bought it on sale three years ago for $10. So I've gotten plenty of value out of it and have no problem with them giving it away for free

Okay, the update did something to my TF2 game, and now the item and menu text is in the wrong font. (Some dull monotonous font instead of the cartoony tf2 font) I tried reinstalling, but it didn't do anything. Any ideas?

In other news, I got Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Very fun. :D

IDK but something in one of last updates broke viewmodels for me. I have the box checked an all, but for scout, pyro, heavy, engie, and sniper they don't show.

Same. Paying that much for Half Life 2, Episodes 1 and 2, Portal, and a goddamned hat was well worth it.
You also put a lot of use into Gmod as well, so long as Kill_fire is not hogging Steam ;).

I must ask:

Why does Steam always have to reinstall DirectX/PhysX/whatever the hell that Microsoft program is called? Couldn't they just have one version of the program that Steam continually checks to update, rather than having every game matched with one particular version?

Because there are multiple versions as developers use whichever one is out when they started development and don't update it during development. I don't know why Steam doesn't install it during the install process though.

I think I have a problem with Steam. Today for some reason Half-Life 2 has stopped working. When I start the game I get the "Preparing to launch" box but the game never launches. I left it on for about ten minutes and nothing happens. When I launched other games they worked normally.

I'm starting to think that we should have a list, which will display which CFC members have what games. I don't want to wade through Steam Community to find someone I can play with, and it would help to organize play sessions when we all have time.

That's a feature Steam itself should have. Like PrinceScamp said, it's way too hard to do it on your own. Maybe a list of the games in order of how many people own them in a specific group would be a good idea for Steam to do.

Steam DOES have it, it lists everyone's games in their profile (if they allow it) and you can see who else owns a game from its store page.

Making a thread about it is a lot of work (I assumed that was clear).