Super Smash Bros. is coming to the Wii U and 3DS

Eh, doesn't matter, I realized ten seconds after posting the video that it was a self-admitted fake basically for trolling purposes on reddit. I fell for it and I'm very sad/depressed over it. :(

Moderator Action: Deleted your posts as you requested.

Why the hell would you want ridley in the game?

Why the hell would you want ridley in the game?

*He could be designed to be basically the anti-little mac: great air game (including aerial grabs) that allow him to be a menace in the skies, but his land attacks are terribad, and he's slow on the ground. To combat the fact that being air-focused means he will most likely have an amazing recovery, I would also make him very easy to juggle by having a fast fall rate, and make himself focused more on combos than straight up kill moves. He would be extremely unique, and fill a niche no other character has.

*Metroid is an important Nintendo series that is likewise amazing, and it is a travesty that it only has one true character to come from it for over three Smash games (Having two different versions of Samus doesn't cut it for me, even if ZSS is nothing like Samus)

*His design is really cool. Purple space pirate dragon. Who /wouldn't/ want to play as that?

*Ridley is bar none the most important character in the entire Metroid series outside of Samus herself. While he is never the main antagonist himself, the fact he appears in almost every single game (he missed three games) makes him a much more recognizable villain than Mother Brain Dark Samus, or any other villain in the series. Samus and Ridley's personal vendetta against each other is always an important side arc in the games. If we're going to include Bowser and Ganondorf as Nintendo all-stars, then Ridley should get in for basically being Metroid's Bowser.

*Part of Melee's opening shows Samus fighting a Samus-sized Ridley, which 6 year old me wanted to be able to replicate. I never heard of Metroid in my life before Melee, but that one particular scene struck with me for years. It's now over a decade, and I want to be able to play that fight out like it has been teased for so long.

*Other minor reasons which are part of those listed above or aren't really important.

he isn't even good though

Prof Layton, Phoenix Wright, Snake, all pokemon (even the ones what are ice cream), waluigi ( especially waluigi), Paper Mario, Tingle, Bayonetta, Cooking Mama, Maxwell off of Scribblenauts, Rabbids, the Splatoon things > ridley

That's mostly characters from modern games as well.

It would be fun for Phoenix Wright to appear in a second fighting game. :)

Link to video.

I myself would have enjoyed seeing a protagonist from either of the Sin and Punishment games...

...though Saki will returns to Smash once again as a assist trophy we could still play as Airan or the two protagonists from Successor to the Sky...

It would have been fun to play a slash and shoot character whose final smash may involve giant monsters.

I had seen the screen shot of a possible Sakurai post that the roster images just linked came from. Due to swearing it may be a fake.

OK, I know triple posting is bad, but this is actual newsTM

Link to video.

Shulk confirmed for real. 100% expected it since the direct was japan-only and the leak strongly hinted he would be in the game. Chalk this up as major points towards the leak.

Shulk confirmed for real. 100% expected it since the direct was japan-only and the leak strongly hinted he would be in the game. Chalk this up as major points towards the leak.

The majority of Sakurai's posts this weak were major confirmations that the leak was real.

I don't care much for the hype anymore, but I am still looking forward to get this game 1-2 months from now.

WHERE'S YOUR RIDLEY NOW? xd

Probably as DLC associated with the Wii release

I have demo, sad i canny edit control scheme.

Top Bottom