Steam Holiday Auction

You cansell your gems?! just pacl them in a sack of 1000, apprently they go for 0.57 euro las time i checked.

Yeah they fixed the duplication bug and let them be sold again. Now I regret not buying a lot more 4 cent backgrounds when I had the chance, they were going for ~83 cents CAD last night, ~33cent profit...

As it is, with them at 81 cents right now, I'd make $4 back, and I spent less than $3 on my gems. Which I've already made back by selling more cards.

I kind of view the whole thing as rather pointless. I spent about 5 minutes going through my gaming cards and selling off the duplicates for gems, then when i finished, i didnt even have enough for a booster pack. Then i thought the whole thing was rather silly anyway, and resigned myself to not really being that bothered about it.

I think the whole card and gem thing is mostly a nerdy exercise of willy waving.

They could make it better by awarding bonuses to people who actually contribute in a meaningful way to the community. like write a review - create a mod - receive a number of likes for a forum post - whatever.

Yeah the gem amounts you get form cards is a massive rip off, you sell them to people looking to make badges. Or make badges yourself.

First auctions have begun, $1.15 for 1000 gems now.

Well cards arent much gems anyway, but its quite good to get rid of the backgrounds and emoticons nobody buys, they go for 60-80 gems. You're better of selling cards on the market

Ive got my 2200 stack split over 2 games, one where i'm 7th, other 30th. But will probably have to pool it for one game eventually. Will take another look tonight/tomorrow morning

This steam sale is so terrible - I had a bid that was higher than the listed top bid and didn't win for some reason, the process of making items into gems is unbelievably tedious and the auctions don't seem to reset after the allotted 45 minutes, so now I don't have enough gems to even get anything worthwhile. Stupid.

Converting lots of objects into gems is certainly tedious, but I did not encounter any of the other problems either. I saw a few people get sniped at the last minute.

I finally got my hands on Silent Storm! Also the price of gems has dropped by half ha ha!

Top Bottom