CtDs and How to Report Them?

jdblue

Chieftain
I lurked for TSG7, and learned some things. I am eagerly awaiting TSG8, but am curious about something. CiV will ctd on me from time-to-time. I'm getting better at preempting these but am curious as to what information I'll need to provide if there's a crash and I need to pick back up from a save.

For right now, I've set the autosave to go every turn so I should have a very recent turn to pick up from. That should prevent me from having to replay more than one turn and also will help me to remember exactly what orders I gave prior to crash so I don't inadvertently cheat based on my own forgetfulness. Resuming from an autosave post-crash is kosher, correct?

I don't anticipate a great many crashes to come as I've made my system a bit more stable and know what not to do (alt-tab and such), but when a crash happens on a GotM, to whom do I send the PM (I'm guessing leif, but not sure), exactly what information does he need, and is there anything I can do to make his life easier by way of formatting or attachments or some such?

Greetings from GoTM. :wavey:

At present, we do not have a mod as with previous versions of Civ, so we cannot run a real competition. What we ask is that you do not reload the game when you play except if you experience a crash. As you have your autosave set to "1", you are all set. Should you experience a crash, you can reload from autosave and replay as best as you remember the same moves. You can state in your After Action Report that a crash occurred. All we need is the game date of the crash. The rules for TSG's are discussed in this thread.

:thanx: for asking. Sorry I was slow to get back, been a bit under the weather. :health:
But getting better. TSG8 may be delayed a bit as we are awaiting another patch that significantly alters gameplay. The patch notes can be found here.

Top Bottom