Wii Civ

Da_V_Man

Chock full of V goodness
Wasn't there supposed to be a Wii version of Civ Rev, but it got delayed? When will it come out?

it is currently indefinitely on hold...they'll revisit whether to finish it or not based on how well CivRev sells for the other systems it was made for.

It's a good thing, in a way. Most Wii owners have DS and can play on that now, and maybe by tiem Wii version comes out (if ever) it will benefit from bug fixes made based upon waht goes on with the other console platforms.

I'd personally like a Wii version for the simple reason that Firaxis can offer some form of connectivity to the DS... such as backing up saves for the DS!

According to the info center, we can have 5 saves on the DS. As a player, I never delete my Civ saves, so it will be painful to have to delete my CivRev saves on the DS to play a new game.

Perhaps the silver lining here is that a delayed Wii release, if it does come, will be a much stronger game and have the aforementioned 'wishlist' feature I'd like to see.

Wii also doesn't have a hard drive, though it does support SD cards and comes with a 500 MB flash memory, so patching it would be more challenging. Waiting for a Wii release would also solve the patching issue as the Wii verison could easily be the equivalent of a 'gold' release of the game with added features.

Top Bottom