Civ IV: Colonization

Quebecois is the people. Quebec is the region/nation.

Wodan

It's not a nation nor ever has been. That's a very sensitive issue here in Canada that's better left alone. They are a province within the country of Canada. Before that they were a colony of France, then one of England.

The graphs look a lot like some images of the graphs tests for Civ Iv ( especially the walls and the plain tiles..... ). And clearly the civ Iv normal 3 tiles restriction is not respected by the pictures cities ( but this is WB, most surely.... )

The Terrain does indeed look better, astleast in my eyes. Image
Wow, that is pretty sharp. Hope I don't need to upgrade Again :)

Which will mean newMobo+CPU+Ram+Graphics... theres little point in trying to acquire a halfdecent AGP card these days. Even a year/year and a half ago, the AGP flavour of the same card was nearly double the price.

In original Colonization your city radius was only extended 1 tile out from the colony center. You could also build a colony Adjacent to a native settlement. I'm trying to recall if you could build 2 colonies adjacent to eachother and I can't remember trying it, but I seem to recall being able to build them 1 tile apart.

This makes me afraid they will delay civilization V.I am very curios on how it will be.

It's not a nation nor ever has been. That's a very sensitive issue here in Canada that's better left alone.
There has always been a strong independence movement. That seems to me to be an argument for, rather than against, inclusion in the game.

They are a province within the country of Canada. Before that they were a colony of France, then one of England.
Right, so they should be included. Just as any other colony should be included: American colonies, Brazil, etc.

Wodan

There has always been a strong independence movement. That seems to me to be an argument for, rather than against, inclusion in the game.

Right, so they should be included. Just as any other colony should be included: American colonies, Brazil, etc.

Wodan

It's not so much whether they should be "included" as it is what your nation becomes when it wins its war for independence.

I'm working off of about fifteen-year old memories (I really should find that game and reinstall it somewhere), but in the original:

Colonial Name -> Name at Independence

New England -> America
New France -> Quebec
New Netherland -> Surinam
New Spain -> Mexico

And even though it doesn't look like they're in (yet), I'm sure New Portugal could become Brazil :D

In the context of the game sure, but please don't refer to the real Quebec as a nation, as you seem to have been doing in your first post. It's not, nor ever has been one, as much as some of the Quebecois would like things to be otherwise.

In the context of the game sure, but please don't refer to the real Quebec as a nation, as you seem to have been doing in your first post. It's not, nor ever has been one, as much as some of the Quebecois would like things to be otherwise.
Civilization (and Colonization) is all about what could have been. It's about making a new history, about "what if".

Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities. You make this sound like we're suggesting Hitler be in the game, or something. :lol:

Wodan

Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities. You make this sound like we're suggesting Hitler be in the game, or something. :lol:

As I mentioned, it's a sensitive issue here in Canada. Innocent people have died because of it. Not many I admit, but even one is too many.

It's not so much whether they should be "included" as it is what your nation becomes when it wins its war for independence.

I'm working off of about fifteen-year old memories (I really should find that game and reinstall it somewhere), but in the original:

Colonial Name -> Name at Independence

New England -> America
New France -> Quebec
New Netherland -> Surinam
New Spain -> Mexico

And even though it doesn't look like they're in (yet), I'm sure New Portugal could become Brazil :D

How about NewFoundland -> the Vikings
Or Nova Scotia (Nouveau Scotia) -> The Scots :)
Or New Brunswick - I have no idea... England? (cource they're already in!)

Hmm posted my ideas in wrong place earlier but here goes.

Additions i expect...
More units
Scenarios with possible local indian alliances to certain nations.
Plus unit promotions or would this still be done by building and buying arms and horses. They will want to maintain the original game features.

Naturally Colonization revolution to follow or a Colonization expansion pack or two.

All in all I dont expect civ 5 any time before 2010 if at all.

How about NewFoundland -> the Vikings

Now that would be a stretch. They had one tiny colony that died out long before the others arrived.

Or Nova Scotia (Nouveau Scotia) -> The Scots :)

It was the French that initially settled that area and there are still many French speaking people living there. In fact France still controls two small islands off the coast.

Top Bottom