Bug Reports

This is a very minor bug: when I'm about to get a new resource that brings happiness, I still get a report on a city getting unhappy the next turn. It never becomes unhappy because the resource becomes available on the next turn, but I still get the reports.
This would be an issue with the BUG mod. It'll probably get sorted out at some later date, just cause of how BUG works.

Another bug is a bit harder one and I don't have a savegame to provide: I finished a stables quest (make 7 of them) and I picked a bonus to get some food out of each stable. Later on I noticed that I did not have this bonus as I got a message that I had failed the quest (!!!), however I got another horse bonus (flanking) before that. At least the city screen didn't report that stables would provide any extra food.
I suspect this is related to the events issues with the current RevDCM build. I know glider1 is fast at work on these.

Will the revolutionDCM popup disappear in version 1.0? I find it rather unnecessary to have it popup each time I start a game or load one, and most people won't change those settings anyway. It is mostly useful for debugging, not for a "real" player.

Another thing: by default the message that "your population is close/above victory limit" is on, I find it rather annoying because especially at the beginning of the game I'm quite often close or over the limit if I have a good start, then it just keeps popping up every turn for "an eternity". I've disabled it myself, but some others may not be able to figure out where to find it (or that it can be turned off in the first place).

The french have two special units that have different abilities than the units they replace (as opposed to just being flavor units). The musketeer has 2 movement, and the french foreign legion has a higher strength but lower city attack bonus.

I haven't seen any others, but if I recall correctly each civ still should only have one unique unit, and all others would have the same stats but different names and graphics.

That is intentional. Different UUs, and UBs are not created equal, so some civs have 2 UUs to balance things out.

The french have two special units that have different abilities than the units they replace (as opposed to just being flavor units). The musketeer has 2 movement, and the french foreign legion has a higher strength but lower city attack bonus.

I haven't seen any others, but if I recall correctly each civ still should only have one unique unit, and all others would have the same stats but different names and graphics.

Look around in the civlopedia some and you will see alot of 2 UU civs. Germany has 5! Although 2 dont do anything extra over the normal unit and the other 3 are relatively tame to balance having so many. Both china and Japan have 3 UU's with 1 of each civ being just a normal unit with name/graphic change.

Also not all UUs are necesarilly better. The Waffen SS, and the Chinese Halberd come to mind. Waffen sacrifice Amphibious for Drill 1 & 2 (though this will change to just drill 1, plus a first strike chance), and the Halberd doesn't have a bonus vs Swords, but can stand even with Chariots and Horsemen.

Which reminds me, I'm going to drop the 10% bonus for Horsemen against Axes and Swords in the next update, they don't need it, and I think it'll better balance things. I'm also thinking of making spears :strength: 5 with a 50% (instead of 100%) against mounted. This wold definatly make the Axe/Spear/Sword/Chariot/Archer early game balance near perfect. The only thing holding me back on this is how that would effect UUs.

Load this save, go to Nidaros and change your build to Longboat. Crash. :-/

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0805.CivBeyondSwordSave
    296.5 KB · Views: 118
OMG, sorry.

I thought I checked everything with a fine toothe comb, that slipped through.... This will crash on anyone with longboats in their game....

Code:
		<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_VIKING_LONGBOAT</Type>
			<Button>[B],[/B]Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Longboat.dds</Button>

Here is the patch with a fix.

Sorry about that. God damn, god damn, critical bug. There hasn't been a critical bug in an official release of LoR ever. Well a couple rare AI logic bugs that were caused by RevDCM, but this, this is a critical art bug, that will effect all users that end up with Vikings in their games.

Damn, Damn.

Achilleszero, this means we have to update the official version ASAP. Can't be having the official version out with a critical art bug in it. Need to put the new icon and installer to use anyway.

How is the Opening Screen coming? Any last minute things you want to throw in (must be save game compatible, but since 3.19 that means we can change the ArtDefinesUnit file though :) ). Anyway 24 hour countdown starts on next official release. Can't be going into the weekend with a critical bug in the official release.

Oh and here is the fix:

Legends of Revolution 0.9.4a

Well here is the critical question. At least as far as mod stability is concerned (rather then being machine specific). Is the crash reproduceable? Can you load a save and have it crash on the exact same turn, or if you reload can you play further and then get a crash later on (which is more indicative of a machine specific issue)? If it's reproduceable, I definatly need the save with the crash. Also ensure you are playing LoR, and not LoRtest, as the 0.9.3x test build will definatly crash anyway, but those are all fixed (they are problems with ethnic unit art and missing artdefines strings).

Hi Phungus... I did another run with a Pangea Standard and it crashed just after I had gained diplomatic victory. So I went to autosave to rerun the game and it did not crash after I obtained victory. So I'm not sure if it is a reproduceable crash. Let me know if you want the Autosave from the first run, and the save I did after I reloaded the autosave.

Any last minute things you want to throw in (must be save game compatible, but since 3.19 that means we can change the ArtDefinesUnit file though :) ). Anyway 24 hour countdown starts on next official release. Can't be going into the weekend with a critical bug in the official release.

Well crap. I guess the files I posted in the Development plans thread cant be used. Or most of them cant. Youd have to re add the 3 cut leaders, not sure what else. And Im not sure exactly how/or if the XML changes Ive used will be save game compatible. Read the notes I have in that thread to see.

This is a question, by way of a possible bug report, or at best just a typo....

Basically, when playing multi-player, if a human player city is about to revolt every single human player in the game is given a pop-up informing them of this possible revolution (along with the stats as to why, etc, etc.) and every single human player is given the choice to support/reject/pay. In addition (this being the possible typo) even though the city in question belongs to another civ, the text stats that "Your populace is about to .."

example: In the last game I played we had 5 human players (and 2 AI's)...The Egyptians had a city that was close to revolution. Thebes I believe. Anyways... the player playing Egypt got the notice that revolution was in the air, and so did the other 4 players. Everyone was offered the choice to support/reject/pay...everyone picked reject ...and game play went on. Then by and by, another pop up stating that things were getting worse and again everyone was given the option to support/reject/pay....
The popup in each case stated that Thebes belonged to "Me", as seen by each player. While clearly Thebes does not belong to the English, or the Germans, etc.

So either, everyone is supposed to get the option to support/reject/pay ...there by possibly giving your opponent a black eye and the text is just mistyped. Or there's a bug that allows every player to interfere in internal civ affairs and needs be addressed.

My way of thinking it can go either way...there's something sneaky about supporting a revolt against one of your opponents. But at the same time, as a player I'd like the chance to fix my city up before everyone else has a chance to pull it all down around me.

oh, and by way of thinking of this as a bug.... when an AI player's city starts talking about revolt, none of the human players gets the chance to support/reject/pay .. ;)

Oh, my bad, I overwrote the old MP stuff in the last major update.

Revolutions in MP has a major bug where Rev effects are displayed for all players. This is not intentional, it's just a bug. In fact while RevDCM has been reported to be stable, the specific option "Revolutions" is recommended to be off, for the reason above, but also because the RevDCM devs suspect Revolutions might cause dreaded OOS errors. You're welcome to try it, but it's suspected the specific option Revolutions while definatly just being buggy (displays RevIndex info to all human players), is probably unstable in MP.

I will add the MP warning to the main download page back in later when I update. Should be soon, just want to get feedback on the Installer I just finished writing.

Well I do want to update as soon as possible. But I need to wait until there is a cursery review of my install script, added some registry stuff, and I must make sure I've done that correctly. So might still be a bit in case there is more stuff to add in that time.

Here's something I've noticed (probably not a bug):

I built The Sacred Band, and had it in a stack with a bunch of axes and a couple of spears. Hannibal moves a stack into my territory, and I move mine into the forest adjacent to his stack. The psycho then attacks and suicides a bunch of chariots, rams, and archers against my pile (lots of xp for me). The thing I found strange is that The Sacred Band never defended the stack. Is this intentional? The only troop in the stack with a higher strength was a Woody III / Combat III axe; the legend unit got skipped over in favor of the inferior axes.

Great job, btw. Playing an Emperor/Great Plains/Huge/Marathon/15 Civs and have made it to 600 AD without a lag, freeze, or crash; very stable. Barb Civ spawning will keep you on your toes (as well as all those minor civs running around). All the chaos puts a severe hurt on the AI tech rate, which makes them minor for a long while (they don't seem to put a priority on Writing), and pretty much eliminates tech trades from the early part of the game (forget tech brokering, at least on continental/pangea type maps). Self-researching Autarks should be fine with this, though. :lol:

Two little civilopedia things:

color revert tag on Gunship entry

first word of Seafaring entry

Hi Phungus... I did another run with a Pangea Standard and it crashed just after I had gained diplomatic victory. So I went to autosave to rerun the game and it did not crash after I obtained victory. So I'm not sure if it is a reproduceable crash. Let me know if you want the Autosave from the first run, and the save I did after I reloaded the autosave.

If a crash isn't reproduceable, it's most likely a MAF, which I can't fix (that's a problem with the gamebryo engine and occurs in BtS itself, just less often in standard BtS as there is less art/functions to trip the engine with). If you do experience a critical bug that is reproduceable, please upload the save though. Note that there is a critical bug in 0.9.3, but it's fixed in the patch (took me an hour to fix once it was reported), and the 0.9.4a patch is save game compatible.

I built The Sacred Band, and had it in a stack with a bunch of axes and a couple of spears. Hannibal moves a stack into my territory, and I move mine into the forest adjacent to his stack. The psycho then attacks and suicides a bunch of chariots, rams, and archers against my pile (lots of xp for me). The thing I found strange is that The Sacred Band never defended the stack. Is this intentional? The only troop in the stack with a higher strength was a Woody III / Combat III axe; the legend unit got skipped over in favor of the inferior axes.
That's odd. There is strange stuff in the CvSelectionGroup.cpp file. I've never touched it, but seen PieceOfMind's comments on it. It's likely that single instance units are overvalued and thus are set to be selected less to defend. I know they can defend, but I'd wager they need to have much higher odds to be picked. This is nothing I've done though, it must be a standard BtS feature.

Great job, btw. Playing an Emperor/Great Plains/Huge/Marathon/15 Civs and have made it to 600 AD without a lag, freeze, or crash; very stable. Barb Civ spawning will keep you on your toes (as well as all those minor civs running around). All the chaos puts a severe hurt on the AI tech rate, which makes them minor for a long while (they don't seem to put a priority on Writing), and pretty much eliminates tech trades from the early part of the game (forget tech brokering, at least on continental/pangea type maps). Self-researching Autarks should be fine with this, though. :lol:
lol, the early game is drastically different with barb civs and start as minors on for sure. I've found though that by the mideval period the game's diplomacy starts normalizing.

Two little civilopedia things:

color revert tag on Gunship entry

first word of Seafaring entry

Will be fixed in the next update. Either today or tomarrow.

Top Bottom