Game crashes during computer turn

Changing

Chieftain
The game crashes in turn 215 when the computer is moving for Austria. Windows tells me Civ V has stopped working. Lua file is attached.

I loaded an older savegame and then the error came in turn 217. Even changed my actions and declared war on her but still crashing.

In another thread someone had problems with the bazooka (I tried already the solution). Since Austria is the most advanced civilization in my game there could be also a unit problem.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 86
I took a look at your log and it isn't reporting any errors at all. Can you post a save and I'll try loading up the game to take a look?

Was Austria teched up to bazookas? Do you know what era she is in?

There are other units that could be causing a problem and a problem with the cargo capacity bug right now. I have fought several wars with the latest patch so it's not clear if that is the problem.

I checked and Austria is in Industrial Era. She has Gatling Guns and Austrian Hussar. (With Bazooka was just an idea if there is maybe a similar problem with another unit).

With the Lua log I was already afraid that there is no error mention since the program directly stopped working.

I attached the savegame. Hopefully the error comes too.

Attachments

• Pocatello_0215 AD-1525.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
Just to confirm, you are on the latest non-beta windows version of Civ 5 with the BNW and G&K expansions? And are using CEP v3.6.2 without any other mods?

So the problem lies somewhere between Poland's and Austria's turn. I turned on quick combat and quick movement and it still crashed so it's not likely to do with the unit combat. It's late right now so I'll take a closer look tomorrow.

Yep, up to date Civ 5 version with G&K and BNW. I have only commnitas mod installed (3.62 for Cat and 3.61 for Ceg and Cin + maps) and deleted before I installed it the cache, etc. (I had with version 3.61 also the problem not be able to open production window in first turn).

Thank you, your help is really appreciated.

Okay, so I have narrowed the bug to Austria's ability to diplo-marry city states. I did that by using IGE to first kill Austria to confirm it was her causing the problem and then by maxing out my city state influence to check if Austria was bugging out when marrying a city state.

I would test further if it was a specific city state causing the problem as Austria is currently allies with several but your game settings (huge map, 12 players, 24+ city states) is slowing down my laptop significantly and I'm not able to get much down otherwise.

A quick workaround for you right now is to kill Austria by using IGE ("a sudden plague destroyed her empire") or steal away her city state allies since I'm not sure if it's a specific city state or the diplo-marry function that's broken right now.

Top Bottom