Religious Reformation Bug 3.62

Hawawaa

Prime
I just picked the reformation that lets you build merchant buildings, well I can also build the UBs merchant ones of other civs. I'll make another post later tonight double checking the other reformations for faith buying buildings.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ 5 Bugs.7z
    967.4 KB · Views: 48
This a vanilla bug with the reformation belief, Jesuit Education, where you can build the Angkor Wat (university replacement) when you are not Siam. Hopefully, this will be something addressed in the fall patch (although it was not addressed in the beta patch).

A temporary work around for this problem would be to remove the unique buildings from being bought with faith. Although this would unfairly target leaders with UBs, it would prevent players from stacking buildings (like the Ankor Wat with the University) for massive (science) benefits (especially on jungle tiles).

The only way I see to fix this bug is to alter what the belief does.

It comes from the Table Definition and the belief adding all buildings in a particular building class. It's necessary to do this so it works for all civs, but it also allows the wrong buildings to be constructed for the wrong civs.

Best idea is probably to change the belief to have some other effect. Any ideas on what to change it to?

Yeah, this is a bug with how BNW handles faith buying unique buildings as seen with Jesuit Education. The bug used to be that Siam could buy both the University and the Angkor Wat with faith but they "fixed" it in the hotfix so it's the other way around now.

It looks like Hawawaa is the first one to reach this point in the game and actually pick something from the beliefs that doesn't work.:goodjob:

You can redeem your prize at the front office. :)

The code used for the Jesuit Education is reused in Thrift, Courage and Work Ethic.
What this actually means is a CLASS of building is given for free not a BUILDING. Firaxis should actually fix the base Jesuit Education code to give a BUILDING and then we can reuse it to work with the 3 other beliefs I mentioned.

In the meantime we will have to rework those changes and prepare a fix for Jesuit Education.

On it now.

Thank you for your excellent observation work. Bug squashing at work.

EDIT:
Correction, it is in the way the lua checks the BUILDINGCLASS that there is a problem. Oops. Still it is Firaxis' fault.

EDIT2:
I think, I haven't tried all the different beliefs that reuse this code, the fix has been made by Firaxis. I have the betaupdate patch and I can't get the multiple buildings when I choose Jesuit Education of Thrift.
Others might like to check and see if it still exists in a pre-patched version just to make sure.
Talking with Thal, this might mean a lot of other "bugs" we were faced with will now be squashed.

Top Bottom