New team colours!

:bump: Greetings everyone,

I hate bumping a four-month old thread but I have a question about installing the Rhye's pallettes(I've been trying off an on since August)...

is it possible to run these new colors in an epic game? I replaced the file in art/units/pallette(I believe that's the file, anyway...it's still early :coffee: )but I still get the default Firaxis colors. I know, I know..."why not just play a mod? or conquest?" :rolleyes:
'cause I'm a score whore :blush: ...I love to see my name(or vicariously, at least)up in lights beside "...the Magnificent". :mischief:

There's nothing wrong with bumping a thread to ask a question.

If you replaced the [civilization3folder]\art\units\palettes\ files, you will be using the new colors UNLESS someone or something also installed another set of default colors in civ3\civ3ptw\art\units\palettes\ and/or civ3\conquests\art\units\palettes\.

Thank you, Watorrey...I think that may be my problem :thumbsup:. I always thought that the game would read from the civ3 folders before ptw or conquests folders(except in the case of barricades and radar towers and such)...I'll replace those when I get home.

that also explains the problem I was having editing the irrigation files :rolleyes: ...

It searches the newest folders first to look for changes. If you are playing C3C and just want the new colors applied there, you can add the new files to conquest\art\units\palettes and they won't be used in PTW or VC3. Similarly, any custom color files for a mod will be used instead.

Just an FYI. The new color pallettes also came with a new .bic file because the color mappings were changed from civ to civ. You will get new colors if you just drop in the pallette, but they won't necessarily map to the intended civs.

I am having the same problem a previous poster had with the 2 color civ files. Rhye's work fine but these one's don't work at all - it simply ignores the 2 color files and loads up the wrong one's altogether (pink for china,etc).

Ok, I figured it out!! :king: :crazyeye: :) Sloth, your 3-color palette is the shizzle. I am going to make new pallettes for all civs. laterz

Cybie said:
Are these conquest color or are they to for normal Civilization

Either. Just backup and replace your Civilization III\Art\units\Palettes\ntpXX.pcx files 00-31. Next, for Conquests replace your conquests.biq file with the ones provided by Rhye or Sloth. For vanilla (normal) Civ III, edit your civ3mod file. It's a little more complicated than this, as you have to match up your ntpXX.pcx files with the corresponding civ. Ex: ntp00 is Barbarians, ntp01 is Romans, etc. all the way down to ntp31 Maya.

If you want to swap and change colors as I did, just rename and swap the ntpXX.pcx files around.

The downloaded files are all ntpXX.pcx and are simply used to overwrite the files in ..\civ3folder\art\units\palettes some of which are otpXX.pcx and won't be touched. Any game you start from now on of civ3, ptw, or c3c will use the new color palettes. You should make a backup copy of the \palettes folder prior to overwriting the files so you can restore the original if needed later on.

All my ntpXX and otpXX have the same date/time stamp (10/2/2001) implying they were installed with vanilla. Do a search of the civ3 installation folder for files that include "ntp" as part of the name to make sure you are looking in the right place.

Try just adding the ntpXX files to the ..\civ3folder\art\units\palettes\ folder and see if some of the civs end up a different color. Specifically any pink civs won't be pink any more and some others will be richer, brighter colors. This should work on an in-progress game.

Was wondering if anyone has completed a two color for the civs?? Or if i'll just have 2 install the one color:p

studsoccer06 said:
Was wondering if anyone has completed a two color for the civs?? Or if i'll just have 2 install the one color:p

There are two different versions of 2 colored Civs in this thread, both by low. I will post what I have been using, a combination of Rhye, low, and Sloth_MD's excellent work. This is for Conquests ver1.22.

Edit: I have removed the unit colors because I have totally revised them and will post a link here later.

Top Bottom