Sid shall giveth, and Sid shall taketh away

Legal_My_Deagle

Warlord
Funny gameplay experience that happened to my girlfriend...ya I got her hooked on this game :D

She plays on Warlord, so when she started with a scout playing as Pericles, she got really really lucky and had two goody huts gift her two settlers in a row, all right as she had founded her second city.

She said that at this time, most of the AIs only had 1 or 2 cities, so this was looking to be a good game.

Sid shall giveth....

As she hurried to build some city defenders, she managed to send a warrior to guard each of her 4 cities.

Just then she gets a Barbarian uprising even that spawns SWORDSMEN at her borders, and she is helpless as she watches her Warriors vainly try to defender her cities against a stack of barbarian swordsmen.

...and Sid shall taketh away.

So was destroyed by barbarians and had to start a new game :(

Yeah you can get settlers from goody huts, I'm a warlord and I get them all the time.

Oh and as for you Deagle, you have a girlfriend who plays civ? I think I speak for every male on this board when I say DON'T SCREW IT UP!!!!!!

I've Never experienced getting settlers from huts - like the old days. It may because of lower difficulty? When playing on Prince and higher, it never occurs.

Lucky you >_<

Before I try to get a gf who plays civ, I might have a try at a gf at all >_>

maybe you should stop referring to yourself as "bat out of hell". while you CAN get a gf with that moniker, she probably won't play civ...

EDIT: you should stop saying that women playing civ is unusual before kmadcandy discovers this thread...

EDIT: you should stop saying that women playing civ is unusual before kmadcandy discovers this thread...
Or I discover it! Or my upstairs neighbour discovers it! Or all the other women out there .... ..... ..... :mwaha:

You'll have us at your throat, then where would you be? :trouble:

I wonder if I should send a link to KMad, and tip my neighbour :hmm:

Or I discover it! Or my upstairs neighbour discovers it! Or all the other women out there

For some reason I got a mental picture of this apartment building where all the women played Civ. Mixed in with all-night slumber parties and pillow fights.

But then I woke up. ;)

Bh

For some reason I got a mental picture of this apartment building where all the women played Civ. Mixed in with all-night slumber parties and pillow fights.

But then I woke up. ;)

Bh
:rotfl: :woohoo: :rotfl:
Dream on!

Nope, sorry, only 5 apartments, no slumberparties, and as far as I know, only 2 women and (possibly a feamle teenager) playing civ.
And would you believe, we don't even discuss the game :confused:, we've got other things to talk about, like repairs on the building, garden upkeep and such.

maybe you should stop referring to yourself as "bat out of hell". while you CAN get a gf with that moniker, she probably won't play civ...

...It's a title of one of my favorite albums. I have seen wierder sigs.

...I'll stop now, although KMad would prolly just giggle if she found this thread.

I wonder if I should send a link to KMad, and tip my neighbour :hmm:

Dunno about your neighboor, but definately send a link to KMad, we can't have her missing out on the fun.

... ...I'll stop now, although KMad would prolly just giggle if she found this thread.
... but definately send a link to KMad, we can't have her missing out on the fun.

Have done so :D

But then I woke up. ;)

Bh

THAT is really funny stuff.....:lol:

I think it is imperative to have a lady who doesn't play civ. WHo knows if I would ever leave the house if she played? I might take it too seriously and start thinking that the HRE doesn't deserve a spot in the game, or that gandhi shouldn't be in there, or that hitler should be in. Should I even mention Poland? I need her to drag me away from the computer and out into the real world :)

Kelvenor, You really don't want to know.
Unless You're polish as well or from Firaxis ;)

:rotfl: :woohoo: :rotfl:
Dream on!

Nope, sorry, only 5 apartments, no slumberparties, and as far as I know, only 2 women and (possibly a feamle teenager) playing civ.
And would you believe, we don't even discuss the game :confused:, we've got other things to talk about, like repairs on the building, garden upkeep and such.

5? enough for me...

address please? ;)

Note: specially interested in the "such" part.

Top Bottom