Beyond Sid

250 plus on that one tile :eek:
Looks like your going to have to hope for the best.
Now don't you wish there was a group cannon option. ;)

What does your military advisor say about your/Celtic military strength???

What does your military advisor say about your/Celtic military strength???

At the beginning of 2006 AD, he says my military is weak!
At the beginning of 2007 AD, he says my military is average.

Now don't you wish there was a group cannon option

Thank god for stack command, though. With the two tiles (not the city center), I can shift troops around (don't fortify!) to separate them. I move everything out of the city and then get the cannons all by themselves until I'm done bombarding, then select a rifleman and stack-move all the riflemen back into the city and then attack from there. (this wouldn't be smart if the Celts had cavalry because of their ZOC would knock hp off my units as I shuffled them around). I can fortify the armies, cause they will always be the top unit in a stack, so I can manually select them. I turn off animations for my bombarding, then turn them on for fighting with the units (and in between turns). If you press and hold the 'b' key, then you can rapidly click and they will keep bombarding for how many times you clicked. So I just hold the b button down, click the mouse a few hundred times then walk away for awhile.

I only played 2 turns. It's taking 45 minutes to watch the AI attack my units (battle animation is the only animation turned on).

2006-Barracks complete.
With 386 cannons, I start bombarding the smaller stack, getting them all down to 1 hp, then bombard the bigger stack with 27 left over cannons (out of the 386), doing a little damage to some riflemen/pikemen.

Kill:
34 pikemen
31 knights
31 medieval infantry
4 archers
2 horsemen
8 longbowmen
lose 2 riflemen
generate 3 leaders

Now have 24 out of my 26 armies in Gergovia.

IBT-
Kill 59 knights
55 medieval infantry
6 archers
9 horsemen
16 longbowmen
74 knights and 8 horsemen retreated
Lose 1 army, 6 riflemen
Generate 1 leader (on defense!)

All my armies were down to 1-4 hp, but with barracks now brings them between 5-8 hp.

2007-Walls complete.
Still 250+ units on that 1 tile, and 175 on the other tile. Bombard smaller stack again. Unload another 100 or so cannons into Gergovia.
Bombard all pikemen to 1 hp, knights to 2 hp, medieval infantry down to 3 hp, no damage to defense 1 units

Kill:
97 pikemen
35 knights
49 medieval infantry
1 archer
7 longbowmen
lose 16 riflemen
generate 2 leaders (at max # of armies, so I disband the most wounded ones, to make new fully-healed ones, filling them up with '*' elites).

(5 knights retreated once, but I killed them later, because they retreated to a tile that only had 2 defenders protecting them)

IBT-Kill:
40 knights
94 medieval infantry
5 archers
4 riflemen
7 horsemen
32 longbowmen
38 knights and 10 horsemen retreated
lose 7 riflemen

2008-Still 250+ units on the same tile and now 190 units on the other tile.

Hmm....All is not lost, then....Of course, u only had 42 turns left...

Originally posted by vbraun
Bam how do you get all these Leaders? :eek: I asked a while ago but no one answered.

Just look at his kills per turn (heck, per interturn as well) ... leaders are easy when you fight that many battles..

In those two turns (and in between them) Bam killed 626 units! That's probably more than most of us kill in a whole game! So I think he deserves his 5 leaders!

Originally posted by ChrTh

Just look at his kills per turn (heck, per interturn as well) ... leaders are easy when you fight that many battles..

CT mentioned some article or something that had hints on how to get a lot of GLs. I'll go look at the War Acadamy (again) for it...

Took me probably about 2 hours to play 1 turn.

2008-Still 250+ units on the same tile and now 191 units on the other tile.
Bombard smaller stack. It consists on mostly pikemen (most of them came from the other tile and are trying to pillage this tile...the tile with 250+ units has been pillaged obviously). Get about 50 pikemen to 1 hp, the rest of the pikemen to 2 hp. The riflemen are down to 1 hp, medieval infantry to 3 hp. Used 87 elites in this turn.
Use veterans vs. the 2 hp pikemen, and then use my elites against the 1 hp units and the medieval infantry.
Kill 137 pikemen
47 medieval infantry
3 riflemen
3 knights
lose 17 riflemen
generate 7 leaders

Let a 2 hp longbowman survive on the tile, so the Celt defensive units still have a tile to aim for (to pillage).

IBT-Kill:
15 knights
63 medieval infantry
8 archers
25 longbowmen
3 riflemen
1 horsemen
18 knights and 1 horseman retreated
lose nothing (armies absorbed all the attacks).

2009-Still 250+ units on the same tile and now 171 units on the other tile.
One or two more turns like this and the Celt army will be completely obliterated and then I can split my forces and quickly finish them off.

We now have a strong military!

wow,Bamspeedy is a god at civ HAIL HIM!i'd luv to see u v.s. 3 or 4 other great players it would be fantastic to watch that game!

I agree with shugga...Bam, where are you??? I must learn the exciting conclusion of Beyond Sid!

Originally posted by Shugga WoogaBob
wow,Bamspeedy is a god at civ HAIL HIM!i'd luv to see u v.s. 3 or 4 other great players it would be fantastic to watch that game!

Like someone else said, single player and multiplayer are two totally different beasts. Someone could beat the AI pretty bad, but may suck at multiplayer. You can't manipulate humans like you can the AI.

Bam, where are you???

Work, work, work. My work week just ended, so I can get crackin' on finishing this beast of a game.

Yes!:evil: It shall consume your whole weekend! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:mwaha::lol::whipped::D

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Incredible game; disappointing that the AI hasn't got a chance against you, and it seems the Celts only strength was a stupid AI tactic (is it even a tactic) of stopping you from landing.

Honestly, the AI needs to be rewritten from the ground up!

On the sidebar: They did some *major* tweaking to the AI for Conquests. *peeks around to see if any beta folks are listening* For a while, it was even worse than it was in vanilla Civ3! Playing Monarch was like playing Warlord, the AI was so stupid! But the worked through the problems, and I think you will find that the AI is better than it was. Not perfect, but better.

Top Bottom