Map Balanced for Multiplayer

Phanixis

Chieftain
I have ran into a bit of a problem when playing multiplayer games. Sometimes the map will give one player an absurdly good start while starting another play in the middle of a desert. This gives the player with a good start a huge, snowballing advantage. When I got an awesome start it put me so far in the lead nobody wanted to continue to play. So we restarted and now I am stuck with a crippled start.

Are there any map mods out there that give a more even distribution a good starts to avoid this problem.

Thanks.

Legendary start or abundant can help.

I feel that strategic balance is the best setting for a more balanced start. At least you will get some horses and iron.

I have played many games with abundant or legendary starts that were very imbalanced.
One person may literally get so many resources in their cap that there are no tiles in which to make a farm. Another person has a start that appears no better than normal.

Sometimes it appears bad at first but your start gets better as things get revealed such as horses and iron. Although it is really difficult to make up for some one getting a 3 salt start.

Top Bottom