Bug Reports

Well... just noticed something else:

I started playing with barbarianciv only (not revolutions) and now I'm getting attacked from a new minor civ (a barbarian civ right?). so why there was neither a popup nor a message that there is a new civ raising?

Duuk:

If you have a save where this happens, I'd be very interested. The "Holy City" positive effect should only show when you own your state religion holy city. There's also a "Holy city owned by heathens" negative effect if your state religion holy city is owned by a civ who has a different state religion.

Cybah:

There's a default setting "OnlyNotifyNearbyPlayers", you may not have qualified based on that. You should see the popup if the distance between your capitals is < 21 squares from the new civs capital or you've explored the square where they sprang up.

Brilliant stuff Jdog dealing with real and imagined bugs while simultaneously working on the big picture for Revolutions.

People are having lots of fun with Revolutions. Even old time players who have given up with vanilla civ, are now back and playing Revolutions.

Big thanks cool stuff.

PS) I'm starting to warm up to the idea of very gradually reading through the code and beginning to chip away at a Civilopedia entry for Revolutions. It's not something anyone really wants to get into but the mod is certainly good enough for some serious documentation. The documentation project is a pretty big one though!

I solved my problem with the previous CvPath.py pathfinding. The installation in some russian windows versions makes different registry path.
Also it's the problem in the Civilization IV Complete edition.

Why not to use
Code:
def _getInstallDir():
    civ4Dir = os.getcwd()
    return civ4Dir
This will solve the problem with ANY registry error.

Either version 1.41 or 1.42 is now preventing unrestricted leaders from actually working when it's checked; it just switches the civilization to the leader's whenever you choose your leader and it won't let you change the civ to whatever one you like. It worked fine in 1.40. Thanks! :goodjob:

I also had a weird bug with the Beginning 1.6 modcomp (which includes Rev 1.42) where a barbarian city settling down founded some 20 wonders or so (including ones for religions not yet founded) and a couple corporations. In 1860 bc. :crazyeye: It took it several minutes for the world events list to finally stop saying each wonder. :lol:

Either version 1.41 or 1.42 is now preventing unrestricted leaders from actually working when it's checked; it just switches the civilization to the leader's whenever you choose your leader and it won't let you change the civ to whatever one you like. It worked fine in 1.40. Thanks! :goodjob:

This is certainly obnoxious ... seems like custom game screen changes the way it operates to allow unrestricted leaders based on the 6th or 7th setting, not on whether the unrestricted leader box is checked. You can see it for yourself, click the box five slots above unrestricted leaders and magically the option comes back. The setting works correctly using the proper button in game, it's just the Custom Game screen which is broken.

This is a bug hard coded into the exe unfortunately, maybe they'll fix it in the last patch ... we'll see. I can work around it by moving the Revolution options down below unrestricted leaders I guess, kind of liked having them up top though since they're the new options.

Thanks for the report.

I play civfusion 0.61.
The brbs form no cities at all on my continent. Could this something have to do with new world settings ?
My map type is hemiospheres,and i am sharing a continent with one other civ. There isenough room for brbs. Elsewhere in the world two new civs came to live.

Some minor weirdness with dynamic names.

Washington is leader of a one city Civilisation, and a vassal of someone. The city is called Washington, the name of the country is something like "Duchy of City". I think he's the only case of a leader sharing a name with his capital city, so this is likely a problem unique to him.

Likewise, it's a little weird to see "Carthaginian Kingdom of Carthage" or "Roman Kingdom of Rome" as a civ name.

If you play with the "Start as minor civs" option, and you have a civ that starts off with a scout instead of a warrior, oftentimes a nearby civ will capture your undefended capital and end the game before you even have a chance to build a single warrior. I've had this happen several times now, it's a little annoying. :/

Of course, I can just switch to playing the civ that just conquered me, but then that's kind of a cheat because now I'm starting off the game with two cities instead of just one.

That's a good point, particularly if you start with pretty full maps. It doesn't affect the AI as much on higher levels because they get more units and can pump out a warrior pretty fast, but a human player can easily get screwed.

What's the best solution, always giving a warrior over a scout at the beginning when starting as minors? The other option would be to give both to everyone I guess ...

Or maybe just have the AI explore but not try to attack for the first 15 turns or so, to give the human player enough time to build a warrior. Then the AI could switch back to its normal behavior when at war (and if the player hasn't built a warrior by then, oh well. :))

Something is wrong with the Dynamic CivNames.

When my own civ changes civics it never changes its name. The name of my civilization is always Empire of *Civname* or *Civname* Empire.

The AI civs change to *Civname* Kingdom of *Capital* when they change their government civic to Hereditary Rule even if they have more cities than their captial.

Gurra09

Top Bottom