The important GMR messages (holidays,etc) thread

Islandia, are you going to call for a sub/send out an invite for your game, for the celts?

I was waiting on confirmation that the Celts were not dead in the water. I guess since no one has said anything here is my open call for a sub for the Celts in the awesome Islandia's G&K game (only the new G&K civs). We are on turn 50ish and I believe the position to be competitive.

http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game/Details/636

Send me the invite(godcyric on steam) Ill happy sub!

Had some problem with my internet recently(now it's resolved) but it kind of bugged the steam software. I couldn't have enough time to solve that problem(had to erase all files but these files are HUGE!) during my supper so i will probably be able to reinstall it later when i will get back home.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Again, i got some difficulties with my internet. Now i that i changed my wi-fi system, both my anti-virus and steam(everytime i decide to change my internet connection there is steam who shut down automatically and i have to reinstall it with civ5 included) don't work properly. I will call my internet company tonight and check for my anti-virus before reinstalling steam. I hope that i will be ok for tomorrow.

I will be visiting Dixie Dude Ranch in San Antonio TX starting Thursday, October the 11th. I have a laptop but the Ranch only has internet in the common area and I'm not expecting a very good connection. Also, my wife is not happy with me bringing videogames on vacation. If I can manage it I would like to turn on vacation mode and leave the laptop at home. It is really big and I don't want to bring it on the plane. I plan on returning on Tuesday October 22nd. I don't go on vacation like this often (maybe once a year). I'm in alot of games and I don't expect or even want GMR to come to a screeching hault on my account. In smaller games I would like to ask for a pause in play especially in games where I am at war. In larger games I will probally just que up turns and let it go. If you are in a game with me please start thinking about what kind of terms you can offer. Thanks

Also I need fingers crossed from all my Civ-friends that I don't break my neck. This will be my first time on a horse.

Thanks Michael for informing us, and I will put one of the games on hold, because it's war oriented. Good trip!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am back... Thank you to everyone in GMR for slowing or holding games and/or not taking advantage of the AI while I was gone.

Sub needed for Mongolia in The Big Gamble. This is a 12 player huge shuffle map, so the turn rate is on the slower side. In-game situation unknown, but the player leaving seems unrelated to any in-game events.

As a heads up to other players in games that I am in (steam ID: banman39), we are battening down the hatches for the edges of Hurricane Sandy here in Massachusetts and power is already going down in parts of our area, so I may not be able to submit turns in a timely manner for a few days.

Due to hurricane Sandy and other concerns I'm going to lengthen the turn timer to 1 week for all the games I'm running. I'll return them to normal in 2 weeks or so but don't want people to dangerously run out into the storm to get their wireless connection to take a turn ;)

This storm actually benefits us :) Warm air from the hurricane(coming from the north :crazyeye:, wind is making a large detour and circular route before droping north) is blowing through our lands with sunny days with over 20 celsius degrees. For some reason the hurricane turned way left and will make a 180 degrees turn from Chicago only wednesday and will reach us thursday. At that time he will have much less strength.

Normally, we already receive our first snow at this time of the year :lol:

looking for a sub to play as Japan in the Gods & Kings, Large, Standard Speed, Continents, All DLC game we've got going with 10 players. The game has just started and one of the players unfortunately had to leave due to moving house and the patch rendering his game unplayable.

Let me know if you're interested, either here, by PM, or in this thread.

Hello guys!
I am going for a trip till 4th of December.
I am taking a notebook with me but due to some circumstances my turns can be delayed more than usual.
Sorry for inconvinience.

Internet is down at home. May miss a turn or 2. Please dont play the games where we are at war.

Internet is down at home. May miss a turn or 2. Please dont play the games where we are at war.

Might help to say which games you're at war in, if you want the hosts to turn off any timers.

Top Bottom