Hall Of Fame

louebear

Chieftain
G'day mates,

My Hall Of Fame in Civ4 is getting really large. Is there any way to delete the lower end scores?

Cheers!

G'day mates,

My Hall Of Fame in Civ4 is getting really large. Is there any way to delete the lower end scores?

Cheers!

Do you mean your person HoF that you access while the game is running? If so, that is very different than the Hall of Fame as presented in this forum, but let me give you a hand anyway....

To remove games from your personal Hall of Fame you need to go to "My Computer" and access this directory:

Vanilla Civ: C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Replays
Warlords: C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\My Games\Warlords\Replays

Delete any replay files that you don't want to appear in your person HoF. It is these files here that are presented in your personal HoF.

Thanks mate!

I removed all my scores that were less than 15000 from my Civ4 vanilla and Civ4 Warlords HoF.
When I first started playing Civ4 2 months ago I had some low scores like Ethelred the Unready and Dan Quayle.
Now my personal HoF only has only my best scores of at least 15000 (Augustus Caesar).

Cheers!

Thanks from me too.
Being familar with Civ3, I could edit the flat ascii file HighScores.cv3. On another forum, nobody has so far come up with the solution.

Thanks from me too.
Being familar with Civ3, I could edit the flat ascii file HighScores.cv3. On another forum, nobody has so far come up with the solution.

:band: Welcome to Civfanatics and more importantly, the HOF Forums! :band:

It's always nice seeing someones first post in the HOF. :clap:

Is there anyone who can tell me how it is possible to make scores of 111.993 points, like Moonsinger did???
My personal Highscore is 20.000 points, won with spacerace as China.
???:confused: ???:confused: ???:confused:

111,993 is actually a fairly low score compared to some I've seen. Largest score I've seen was over 400,000.

Some ways to increase your endgame score:
Play a higher difficulty level
Get a lot more population
Win faster

However, my personal high is around 60k, so I'm not the guy to ask about what specifically to do to increase your score.

I just checked and chances are high that you will score best with a domination victory. Although IIRC, a conquest vicory has a better multiplier, a domination victory ensures that you have fairly high population and therefore are very likely to get a higher score.

I am by no means an expert, so others might be more helpful.

Is there anyone who can tell me how it is possible to make scores of 111.993 points, like Moonsinger did???
My personal Highscore is 20.000 points, won with spacerace as China.
???:confused: ???:confused: ???:confused:

There are two ways to get above 350.000 points:

1. Fill the map with many cities as quickly as you can on the Settler to Warlord level (like A_Turkish_Guy did here).

2. End the game before AD on a huge map at upper difficulty level (like I did here).

IAlthough IIRC, a conquest vicory has a better multiplier [...]

Quoting myself :crazyeye:
I think this notion is a left-over from Civ3, in Civ4 victory type doesn't matter at all, does it?
(Apart from the inherent population and land requirements for domination victories, tech requirements for space race...)

The multiplier didn't matter on victory condition in III either.

Top Bottom