Team Babe Embassy

General_W

Councilor & Merlot Noble
Team BABE Embassy
Team BABE
Civ: Iroquois
Traits: Commercial, Agricultural
UU: Mounted Warrior 3.1.2 (+1 attack horseman, same shield cost)

Spoiler Member List at Contact :

BCLG100
Whomp
Emp. Killyouall
Robi D
socralynnek
Butterball
Vind2
Tubby Rower
DaveShack
Wotan
Beorn-eL-Feared
Kickbooti
gmaharriet
ThERat
Greebley
Smart

First Letter sent to BABE:
Dear Stunning People of the land of Babes,

We have sighted your sailors off our coast, and we're excited to meet you! We've heard some pretty fantastic tales about the women people of your land, and we've been looking forward to meeting some babes all of you!

What are your plans for this world? We believe there is much to be gained from peace and cooperation.

Looking forward to seeing hearing more from you,

General_W, speaking with the voice of The Council
Note: I intentionally went for a goofy tone to this first letter, knowing many of the people on team BABE, I think it's likely to be better received if we try to keep things funny.

I like it a lot, it's just the right tone that we need at this point. :thumbsup:

Looks good to me! Strange we didn't get a word from them... :)

Great! thanks all. :)

I'll send this right now to beat the save out the door.
Sending to BABE gmail...

Looks good to me! Strange we didn't get a word from them... :)

We can see their Curragh, that means they must see our unit(s) right? Or is it possible for us to see them and them not us since they are not in visual range of one of our units, but only one of our cities?

No - they can see us.

They are either just slow, or plotting our doom :scared:

Honestly... they're probably just slow movers.

No - they can see us.

They are either just slow, or plotting our doom :scared:

Honestly... they're probably just slow movers.

Wotan is their team captain right?

An aggressive and very skilled warmonger he is....:scared:

Response just in from Team BABE
Hello members of the Council,

We are please to meet your acquintance and we've sent our envoy Alessandra Ambrosio to see if we can set up a meeting on IM. Here's our envoy to the Council.
Spoiler :

We'd like to discuss our futures together. Emp. Killyouall is a bit tied up these days as you may have read however BCLG, Robi D or Whomp cover most every time zone so we're flexible on times.

Looking forward to our relationship together.

XXOO
Alessandra Ambrosio of The Babes

Well, so what do we say now? We don't really want to trade with them (do we?) so we don't want to bring that up. Probably not a good idea to ask them who they'd like to kill first. Maybe just a short note on how they prefer to make contact? Perhaps they like Aim since they are trying to cover all time zones.

Should we be bold and inquire about a peace treaty? That could get sticky if we have to negotiate our way out of clauses that reveal our other deals.

We could talk about contacts but then that's also sticky since we'd get asked about ours.

Puzzling about the luxes. It would be nice to know if they have gems on their land.

We could also congratulate them on building the torch. :rolleyes:

Yeah there going to realize pretty soon we are a hostile civ to them. (In that defensive sort of way.) Saber probaly knows them as they told us they were coming. I don't think we can really do to much without them realizing were hostile. Also does anybody think babe is possibly is at war with gong. I find it odd they sent a curragh and not a galley. Perhaps they need all available ships.

Wouldn't both their scores drop if gong and babe were at war? And right now it looks like Gong is taking a huge plunge forward in score...

They probably had that curragh over at Saberland since the ancient age and then saber told them the direction of our lands so they sailed to us with their curragh that was already around there. Because it's damaged they probably don't have a city near saberland (on a one tile island or something like that).

We can always wait a bit to see what BABE wants to offer us. A peace treaty would be useful, but it cannot extend to any kind of help in case of aggression. Tech trading is impossible because BABE cannot offer us any techs. We can of course listen to their ideas on this.

Judging from the tech position, I would think that BABE has traded some techs with GONG in the past (because they are more advanced than SABER, even counting the free tech), but BABE is not in any kind of long term tech deal (because with such a deal it wouldn't make sense to leave one branch of the tech tree until last). Unless of course GONG has done the Masonry-Math-Currency-Constr path and will soon provide these techs to BABE. Note that GONG has Masonry (pyramids), so this is a possibility.

We know that BABE beat us to Philo, so they probably started researching Writing and Philo, and took CoL, Lit or MapMaking as free tech. It seems reasonable to assume that GONG researched the Polytheism branch and traded some of these techs to BABE.

BABE will certainly not attack anyone before they are a republic, to avoid a despotic or anarchic GA.

Maybe they were in a tech deal, but when babe got the lighthouse Gong didn't want to trade the masonry branch to babe anymore...

Just a random idea, but I doubt it.

BABE will certainly not attack anyone before they are a republic, to avoid a despotic or anarchic GA.

Didn't think about that before. So their anarchy may not be such a great thing after all. Well, it does let us breath during ours.

Maybe they were in a tech deal, but when babe got the lighthouse Gong didn't want to trade the masonry branch to babe anymore...

Just a random idea, but I doubt it.

I doubt it, too. GONG doesn't have much to fear from BABE right now. Their Gallic Swordsmen would defend against mounted warriors fairly well - and BABE knows that and so would go looking for easier pickings. I think the idea of a BABE - GONG research team is great. They can't beat the research team we have and it leaves SABER the odd team out.

The reason Gong's score is going up, I assume, is that they need to run 10% lux and are in a GA, so they have a lot more happy/content citizens then they did.

We could ask them what their intentions are towards us. Tell them we have heard rumors that BABE is a warlike nation that intends to attack the peace-loving council and were wondering if it were true.

They'll deny it, of course.

Well, we should answer their note. They want to talk about our future together and are looking for an IM appointment. Maybe the General should just reply and try to set up the chat.

EDIT: Paul#42 brought up a good point in the preparing for an invasion thread. Should we ask BABE to stay out of our borders? I think that's actually a very good think to talk about first. Let's try to get a treaty where we respect each other's borders.

Top Bottom