RANDOM RANTS XXII: The Angry Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Joe, do me a favor and click the angry face at the bottom of the post screen so it will show up next to the title so it would be easier to find this thread. Thanks.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

And also, for everyone who's lost someone close to themselves recently, my sincere condolences.

I'm about to hop into the ranks as well. I'm sick of life. I'm sick of wasting six months trying to get a job. I'm sick of being single!

this is what happens when i don't start the thread...

this is what happens when i don't start the thread...
Irregardless, it would still happen even if you DID start the thread ;)

Long rant time: I was supposed to do this presentation on the required readings for my film class. It was due today. Naturally I totally forgot about it until my groupmate who was doing it with me emailed me a reminder. I totally freaked out, and checked the syllabus. All the readings I had to do were in the course reader, which I never bought. (That's a different rant entirely). I went down to the library, and found out that they were out of stock. So, I freaked out some more. Then I went online, and actually managed to find the books the required essays I was doing came from originally. I ran down to the library to see if they had them in stock. I managed to find one of them, and did the reading no problem. Unfortunately, though the library website told me the second book (of the two I needed) was in stock, there was a fire at the library recently, and because of that, the books got all mixed up. The librarian told me she could put out a search for it, but I probably wouldn't get it until a couple more days. Defeated, I returned home, and started searching google books for the book I needed. It turns out Google had the full text of the book on their website. Well...half actually, which I didn't find out until I was already halfway done. So I switched out of google books, and found a pdf of the full text elsewhere. I finished the assignment with literally 3 minutes to spare. I ran off to class, got in, and found out, much to my surprise, that the TA gave us the wrong information, and our presentation was going to be next Monday -_-. So basically I was stressing out (and for me very uncharacteristic panic attacks) for 6 hours...for nothing. Wonderful, did I ever mention how much I love this film class?

Moderator Action: This is the one that will stay open, as a) it has the format most useful/consistent with other Rant threads, and b) it has actual rants, not just arguing over who gets to start the new thread.

These threads don't belong to any poster in particular, and there was no reason to merge the other threads since, as I said, they had no useful content, and one of them would have ended up as the new OP, whereas this was the only OP that was worth keeping, since it had links and everything.

:clap:

To the people that lost someone, my condolences. :(

I return a textbook to an ex girlfriend that I borrowed it from, and she has the gall to call up my family members and ****talk me because the book was in less than perfect condition.

When I received the book, it was missing FIFTY pages, and practically falling apart, what she's complaining about is a few dog-eared pages. That doesn't warrant me giving her $100 freaking, that's garbage!

I haven't even spoken to her since we broke up, then out of nowhere she wants a book, then I get badmouthed for what, returning it? :sad:

Moderator Action: Watch your language, please.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I gots heartburn!!! :mad: :yuck: :mad:

Stupid Government class and stupid Nevada government with its stupid budget filled with stupid cuts and tax increases rather than looking to decriminalise/legalise more activities, producing more tax revenue and cutting down on incarceration costs.

Stupid Government class and stupid Nevada government with its stupid budget filled with stupid cuts and tax increases rather than looking to decriminalise/legalise more activities, producing more tax revenue and cutting down on incarceration costs.

So many of the classes at my school are getting cut too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom