A CTD ISOLATED, CELTS CAUSED IT (save included)

Danwood

Warlord
Game settings:

all optional settings enabled, map medium, speed medium, 10 civs

i have a CTD Everytime after turn in 1000 AD, so i entered the worldbuilder, deleted every civ 1 at time and noticed that ONLY CELTS caused the CDT.

Here the savegame, next turn CTD happens, delete the celts and you won't have the CTD, so celts must cause it in some way.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MWGDF6TT

Please Thomas fix this mod, it's too great to be ruined by a pesky CTD! :cry::cry:

Hmm i just started a game with the celts, ill check back if i have the same crash at 1000 AD.

I think I may have found part of what is happening.
I started a new game with the smallest map size with only two civilizations (I was the Celts).
I went into the editor and put down all the units. Sure enough, it crashed when I tried to go on to the next turn.
Next I tried just putting down the Explorer, Spy and all the Missionaries. It crashed again when I tried to go on to the next turn.
Initially I thought that one of those could be problem, but for some reason I can't seem to replicate the crash again, even when I put down those units.

Game settings:

all optional settings enabled, map medium, speed medium, 10 civs

i have a CTD Everytime after turn in 1000 AD, so i entered the worldbuilder, deleted every civ 1 at time and noticed that ONLY CELTS caused the CDT.

Here the savegame, next turn CTD happens, delete the celts and you won't have the CTD, so celts must cause it in some way.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MWGDF6TT

Please Thomas fix this mod, it's too great to be ruined by a pesky CTD! :cry::cry:

Well I'm also starting to have a CTD after I end the game turn. I'm at year 1380 a.d. Celts aren't any of the civs though. Not sure what those log files are in MyGames are tracking.. but the PythonDbg.log shows this. Last thing logged each time it crashes.. It crashes immediately after I press the end turn so it must have something to do with the civ that takes his turn after I do.. He's at war with another civ and the last 2 times it's crashed I've show the following in the log file.

PY:player 2 Civilization Arabian Caliphate Unit Maceman was killed by Player 1
PY:City Nicaea's culture has expanded

The last time it crashed I loaded from an autosave 2 turns before and whatever happened to make it crash after the next turn didn't happen and I was able to play about 10 more turns before it did it again. This was the last line before it crashed the first time.

PY:player 1 Civilization Holy Byzantine Empire Unit Cataphract was killed by Player 2.

The only thing I've noticed is that it takes an extremely long time to finish the game turn, like up to 5 minutes for the turn that completes right before it crashing the next time I press end turn.

Totally wild guess but might it have to do with the tester.py code for getting around infinite turn problem that better ai mod had.. I noticed it doesn't have the "fix" they worked out in the tester.py where you could end the AI's moves or even finish all AI moves so there turn ends immediately. There were some comments about it so I guess an automatic way was worked out.

Here is the link to that post. But you've probably already seen it.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=389940&page=3

Another wierd bug I'm having (atleast I think it's a bug) is I did a trade of my Gunpowder to another civ for some resources of there and at the end of the 10 turns he cancelled the trade. Well when I open one of my cities to the city screen and on the right side where it shows my resources all of the "special new strategy resources" like riding horses, gunpowder, bronze weapons etc.. have all disappeared. So I can't build anything now that uses gunpowder when I'm really needing it. I had like 8 of them before I did the trade. I've got one privateer that is blocking trade at one of my cities but otherwise I'm not in any wars and no enemies and have the entire island to myself so I can see no reason they are all gone now.

Hope these crashes can get worked out.. I'm really enjoying the mod otherwise.

Well I tested it a little bit. Removed those units in world builder but still crashed. The sound it made right as it was crashing sounded like an improvement getting destroyed by ground troops. So I saved the game in world builder and loaded up Holy Byzantize and destroyed what I could with the troops he had there but no crash.

Don't know what's causing it.. I think this mod might be a bit too much for my computer though.. Turns really start slowing down alot right around 1300 a.d. Tried playing with just 5 ai's and same problem.

Top Bottom