Immortal bug??

Sukenis

the J'BOOtian Warlord
I am not sure if this is a bug or just an odd thing happening in my current game.

Background, by luck, I have never been around Persia in the first age unless I was playing them. My current game (as Russia) they are next to me and are in a war with America/India on the opposite side of me. Due to this I see all the units Persia sends out to fight.

So far, in about 30-40 turns, I have not seen one immortal cross my territory to attack America or India. Only spearmen, archers, and horsemen have gone off to fight. I have a source of Iron, and seeing as I am behind in tech (emperor huge world) wanted to offer it to Persia. On the trade screen I cannot offer it (meaning they have it) but can trade dyes. It seems odd that Persia would either a) not build any Immortals or b) not send any Immortals they do have out to attack.

Note: no screenshot submitted. Since this take place over time a screenshot does not help.

Note: Playing C3C with 1.22 patch (most current)

Kiech said:
Careful, you are playing with Fire there son!

If it allows my neighbors to kill each other more efficently I am happy. Persia alone fighting America and India allies togather seems like a good fight (if Persia has Iron). Plus, I keep on consistant gpt deals with Persia. This helps keep them off my back and attacking others.

:lol: @ immortal

never seen a bug like that in my the games I've played in. In my current game the Persians are immortal happy.

Maybe they're at war somewhere else and thats drawing all the immortals away.

If you REALLY want to see immortals, declare war on the Persians. I can guarantee you immortal-a-plenty

btw Kiech's is right, never give Persians Iron, thats like saying, "so you think you're hard?? ok bring it!!" and as someone who's still trying to find his feet in Emperor, you don't want to do that, especially with the Persians.

Kuningas said:
Have they discovered IW?

Yes they have. They are 2 techs on the second age.

Maybe they just bought iron from another AI, meaning they just started to build Immortals. I have seen AIs buying ressources when they are at war to build up their military.

EDIT: Another possibility is: their cities aren't / weren't connected so they could only build immortals in a few cities.

I restaarted the game with a few changes.

1. Made Persia become France (what good is Persia with no Immortals)

2. Made the Myans become the Incas (anothre no reasorce UU).

The Incas never built their UU. They got into a war ont he other side of me (like Persia did) and I never saw thier UU. Not that is is worth much in war. On a side note, the ONLY UU I have seen were from Russia (me), Portugal, and Rome. Most of the other Civ's were not known when there UU was uesful though.

Other oddities that happened is that every city can build a hydro plant and every city can build The Hover Damn. This is out of about 50 cities where 15 might have fresh water. I can post a save if anyone wants it, but since this is the first time any of these problems have popped up I suspect it is the map or the save file. This game will be one in short order and I will play another and see if the problems keep happening. If so I will reinstal and try a third time. If they are still there (I do not think they will be), I will do a ull write up to let Firaxis know.

Anyone want a save? If so I can upload on when I get home from work.

Top Bottom