Bjørn's Discount Art Emporium

Winter,
I got a couple of things here for you.
Italian Infantry & Italian MG.

I also have a new theory on why the Italian's performance in the field was slightly below par. I don't think they could tell friend from foe with out a careful detailed analysis, possibly followed by a fashion critque. I looked to see what the standard Italian WW2 infantry uniform was.. and I found 100's of old photos. But I don't think I found two Italians in the same uniform. They had 8 more different hats/helmets, dozens of jackets, 7-8 differnt types of shoes, no shoulder strap, 1 shoulder strap, two shoulder straps, long pants, short pants, mid-length pants, all of every shape and color and so on and on... Plus alot of them mixed and match in some bits and pieces of german uniforms as well. Though the never seem to have worn German headgear. I simply could not sort out what the typical unit would have worn, since it appears there was no typical unit. I think if two of them ever wore the same uniform it was on accident... and no doubt followed by the same sort of slap fight that can happen when two girls wear the same outfit to a dance.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Cool Stuff :D:

Hmm, AFAIK, someone made a German Soldier somewhere, now you got the US Flamethrower...

American Rifleman
American HMG
American Anti-Tank
(American Flamethrower)
(German Rifleman)
German HMG
German Anti-Tank
German Flamethrower
British Rifleman
Russian Rifleman
Japanese Rifleman
Italian Rifleman (though the one that came with PTW is wrong in its appearance)

edit: those would be the PTW originals (not counting my conversions)

I believe this request has been filled in full. Let me know what you think.

Axis
German WW2 Infantry Units
German WW2 Heavy Infantry Units
Italian WW2 Infantry Units
Japanese WW2 Infantry Units

Allies
English WW2 Infantry Units
Russian WW2 Infantry Units
USA WW2 Army Infantry Units
USA WW2 Marine Infantry Units

I did a few extra icons since I noticed that you had filled in some of the missing units.

This is a great resource, man! Thanks so much.

I take it you take requests? ;)

Ares de Borg:
Thanks alot. As always, I appreciate your comments.

Mithadan:
You're very welcome. I sometimes take requests. That depends on what the item is. I'm slightly burnt out on civilopedia icons right now; I've done over 60 in the last 2 weeks. Also, I do have 3 young boys, a wife, a demanding job, a desire to learn more about Byrce and Poser (and maybe POV-Ray). I'm hoping to get back to my Stryker and airplane (units, not icons). And so on...
But, just ask, I always try to be a nice guy. If it is something within my range of abilities to produce, I'll probably do it.
I can tell you what I can remember having partially done (in civiloedia icons), but not finished, right now is a Hobbit archer, Crusader (knight on horse), Germanic heavy knight, Roman Lance, Roman sword, a bunch of vikings (but no corresponding units to match them up to)...
I'm not being falsely humble, I am not a great artist. I do best with things I know well. I'm an ex-marine and history buff, so I knew the PTW-WW2 units fairly well. I had some resources I could use to create some models from, and body parts as well... and then cut, paste, transform, etc in my trusty 'ole photo shop.

Oh, and while I don't ask alot in exchange... a little more response then WINTER gave is appreciated. Sheesh... 58 icons done over a week and uploaded in parts, etc... and not so much as a flicker of gratitude. If you hate it, just say that. I don't think I've ever complained about an honest critique.

Civilopedia icons for use with the infantry units in the PTW\Extras folder.
There are a typically a couple of possible icons for each infantry unit, so that you can select which one best fits your game, mod or scenario.

Axis
German WW2 Infantry Units
German WW2 Heavy Infantry Units
Italian WW2 Infantry Units
Japanese WW2 Infantry Units

Allies
English WW2 Infantry Units
Russian WW2 Infantry Units
USA WW2 Army Infantry Units
USA WW2 Marine Infantry Units

These downloads do not include the animation files. If you need the units, you can get them here: download from Infogrames/Firaxis Warning 21.5mb. Or just buy the either Civ3 PTW or CIV3 complete.

Well, I don't wanna overburden you! RL only gets more hectic, I guess, I myself am just beginning to experience fatherhood. So don't sweat it. If you feel like doing...[here comes my request]...civpedia icons for a Macedonian Phalangite...then I would be very greatful. Kryten never did make pedia icons for this unit (it was cut and paste, after all), so the game automatically zooms in on the icons_32 pic which looks like crap. There are more like this (Peltast??), but I can't remember at the moment. Not like you need any more, anyhow!

Again, don't sweat it, heck, don't do it if it takes too much sweat! It's just not worth it.

Cheers,

Top Bottom