Help please science victory

mrjacksplat

Chieftain
1) On the policy tree if I get a couple of "branches"? and then move on to another tree WITHOUT completing the first tree, does this carry over? I know some trees can't be worked at the same time, but curious if I don't finish a tree if it carries over or not
2) Can I have more than one observatory in my civilization? and can I put an observatory on ONE mountain top or do you need a few mountains to build it?

1) Yes. If you mean, can you pick from different trees, then yes. For example, you could pick two of tradition's, then one in honor if you wanted, and then go back to tradition. Or grab one from patronage and back and forth.

2) Yes. Each city that is directly next to a mountain can have an observatory.

With BNW, there's no longer any incompatible policy trees. (Ideologies is a different story; you can only have one ideology at a time and can only switch if your under ideological pressure)

If you have Vanilla or G&K then the following exclusions apply:
Rationalism with Piety
The three way Freedom / Order / Autocracy exclusion

Note that if you have G&K or BNW if you start Tradition, you want to finish it ASAP for the free aqueducts, which you can get via policy faster than you can even research the tech. (No real incentive in Vanilla)

All versions though do have a major incentive if you start Liberty at all to finish it ASAP (free great person)

1) On the policy tree if I get a couple of "branches"? and then move on to another tree WITHOUT completing the first tree, does this carry over? I know some trees can't be worked at the same time, but curious if I don't finish a tree if it carries over or not

1) for science try to get full tradition first, if you are not in the renaissance in time for rationalism then patronage to either consulates or scholasticism, rationalism and secularism are first focus though. some people take (including me) commerce instead of patronage and go for the lower building cost policy/ big ben combo for cheaper rush buys of scientific buildings, and as ideology order + 2nd tier factory science bonus

Top Bottom