Questions about The BUG Mod

I don't see how it can load the artwork without the Python to tell it to load, but OK...

Delete the \Modules\Female Units folder
Delete Assets\FUnit.fpk

Your game should be estrogen free. Enjoy.

If I do that, I get a big number of error messages when I launch the game as it is trying to load graphics from nonexistent files.

it is like:

Tag: UNIT_ARTIST in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:modules/ varietas delectat/xml/unitartstyles&civinfos/vd_inca_civ4unitartstyletypeinfos.xml

its for every unit type and every culture, probably.

Do I have it right this time?
That looks closer but I don't think that vanilla BtS has the ':' and the order of the items looks wrong.

How do you have BUG installed? Under mod folder (multi-player) or custom assets (single player)?

Why not start a non BUG game and get a picture of the scoreboard from that?

How do you have BUG installed? Under mod folder (multi-player) or custom assets (single player)?
I'm not sure. My C:\Users\Alonso\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS folder is empty. My C:\Users\Alonso\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets folder contains several subfolders, some of which contain BUG stuff. Does that mean that I have the single player option installed?

Why not start a non BUG game and get a picture of the scoreboard from that?
Do I need to uninstall BUG in order to do that or is there an easier way?

I'm not sure. My C:\Users\Alonso\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS folder is empty. My C:\Users\Alonso\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets folder contains several subfolders, some of which contain BUG stuff. Does that mean that I have the single player option installed?
Yes - single player mode.
Do I need to uninstall BUG in order to do that or is there an easier way?
That is easy ... rename the 'CustomAssets' folder to 'CustomAssets-BUG' and restart the game. The game won't be able to find its 'CustomAssets' folder and so will recreate it (without BUG) and you have your BUG-less game. If (when!) you want BUG back, rename 'CustomAssets' to 'CustomAssets-VanillaBtS' and rename 'CustomAssets-BUG' to 'CustomAssets'.

Hi again, sorry I parked this for a while.

rename the 'CustomAssets' folder to 'CustomAssets-BUG' and restart the game. The game won't be able to find its 'CustomAssets' folder and so will recreate it (without BUG) and you have your BUG-less game. If (when!) you want BUG back, rename 'CustomAssets' to 'CustomAssets-VanillaBtS' and rename 'CustomAssets-BUG' to 'CustomAssets'.

I followed your advice and took a screenshot of what I hope is a Vanilla BTS style scoreboard (from a different game). I also attach a BUG screenshot for comparison. However, the Vanilla shot looks the same as in my previous post, colon (':') and all. Might this really be Vanilla BTS?

Attachments

• Scoreboard - BTS.JPG
    Scoreboard - BTS.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Scoreboard - BUG.JPG
    Scoreboard - BUG.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 133
The one on the left looks like vanilla BtS

Great. I have started to review the documentation for the advanced scoreboard, and I think that it would be nice to include the icons for each feature: War and peace icons, attitude icons, etc. Do you know how to get these?

I love the BFC tool and hate to play without it. I load the BAT 4.1 mod quite often. I also play with BUFFY for GOTM and SGOTM. Can I set it up so BFC tool (alt-x) is usable even when I open an unmodded save?

I love the BFC tool and hate to play without it. I load the BAT 4.1 mod quite often. I also play with BUFFY for GOTM and SGOTM. Can I set it up so BFC tool (alt-x) is usable even when I open an unmodded save?
Just install the BUG Mod into Custom Assets and you can Alt-X to your heart's content on any unmodded save. :)

The BUG mod (4.4) is showing number of rival's cities, before I can see list of rival's cities in trade options. I think it is information, which is not possible to get without the mod. Is it intended behaviour?

The BUG mod (4.4) is showing number of rival's cities, before I can see list of rival's cities in trade options. I think it is information, which is not possible to get without the mod. Is it intended behaviour?

Our understanding of vanilla BtS is that you can always see the list of cities of an opponent once you have met them (see note below). If you are at war, then you cannot get to the trade screen and BUG changes the number of cities it shows (color changes to blue, only shows the cities you can 'see' on the map).

Note that 'Alt-click on leader in scoreboard' brings up the trade screen. It could be ctrl-click ... can't remember. One brings up the trade screen, one declares war. Hover over the leader in the scoreboard and check the info in the bottom left of the screen.

Our understanding of vanilla BtS is that you can always see the list of cities of an opponent once you have met them (see note below). If you are at war, then you cannot get to the trade screen and BUG changes the number of cities it shows (color changes to blue, only shows the cities you can 'see' on the map).

Note that 'Alt-click on leader in scoreboard' brings up the trade screen. It could be ctrl-click ... can't remember. One brings up the trade screen, one declares war. Hover over the leader in the scoreboard and check the info in the bottom left of the screen.

Thank you. I didn't know, that CTRL + click works, before option "We would like to make a trade proposal" is available.

I only installed BUG a few weeks ago; everything seemed fine so far. But last weekend I changed the OS from NT to Windows 7, re-installed CIV IV, BtS and BUG and now I have a graphics problem. After some time certain icons get screwed up, not the main map, but the "city tile map" on the city screen and the little icons with the commands for the units etc. It seems to go away if I change resolutions back and forth, but will come again, apparently more or less independently of the resolution.

Anyone familiar with this problem? How can I narrow down what the problem is? For some reason the game now always starts with BUG mod, how can I go back to vanilla BtS to check whether it is a problem with BUG or the main game?

Thanks!

I am sorry for the negative response, I very appreciate the work on the mods but...

...all the information about the mods and about their installation are so obsolete, scattered and confusing! After searching for 30 min, I have no idea which mod I should use and how to install it!

Fair enough. Do you know what you want out of the mods?

Game info? BUG
New Graphics for existing units? BAT

What type of game to you play?

Single Player? BUG SP install
pbem or pitboss? Not recommended
Succession Games? BUG SP install

Do you know what you want out of the mods?
I want game info.
I guess that BUG is the right choice. But here are my questions:

a) What about BULL? It looks like BULL changes the game mechanics since it contains an unofficial patch. I want to play the same game (with the same game mechanics) as most of the forum users. Do they use BULL? What about GOTM and SGOTM? They are played with BUFFY, does BUFFY contain BULL?

b) Is it true that BAT = BUG + BULL + (some graphics changes)? Or are there any other differences?

I want game info.
I guess that BUG is the right choice. But here are my questions:

a) What about BULL? It looks like BULL changes the game mechanics since it contains an unofficial patch. I want to play the same game (with the same game mechanics) as most of the forum users. Do they use BULL? What about GOTM and SGOTM? They are played with BUFFY, does BUFFY contain BULL?

b) Is it true that BAT = BUG + BULL + (some graphics changes)? Or are there any other differences?

You said earlier that ...
all the information about the mods and about their installation are so obsolete, scattered and confusing

I followed two links in my sig (BUG Wiki and BUFFY) and found what was needed.

For sure, the BULL reference is pretty bad. BULL is a custom build Civ4 DLL that reveals more info and does contain some unofficial stuff. It is part of BUFFY and BAT. I also think the BAT link above is not that complete as it doesn't mention BULL. But LM has taken BAT much further than the wiki has documented.

Thank you for the clarification.

I do not want to be obnoxious but searching for the right information is not easy.

I guess I want to use BUG together with BULL then (since both these mods are parts of BUFFY which is used for GOTM and SGOTM).

I also think the BAT link above is not that complete as it doesn't mention BULL. But LM has taken BAT much further than the wiki has documented.
Yes. We really should fix that up some time...

Top Bottom