Questions about The BUG Mod

I was just looking for a definitive answer to how this mod works with multiplayer. I've looked, and seen a little bit on this topic, but nothing definate. Anyway, does it work well? Do all the players have to have it install for it to work. If not, does it cause sync errors?

Anyway, I'm interested in trying this mod out, but I don't want to go through the hassle if its not going to be useful to me all the time. I play alot of multiplayer with friends and don't want to have to turn it on and off or whatever all the time. Thanks for your help!

I play the BUG mod on multiplayer. If you intend to do this, make sure you install it as a mod. If others are not playing with that mod, a window will pop up saying they are not using the same files you are.

There are some things to keep in mind when playing multiplayer.
- You cannot connect via LAN for some reason. Even if you're on a router. You now have to direct IP join a game.
- Advanced scoreboards do not work in multiplayer. Be sure to disable it.
- Warnings for city growth and unrest are one turn too late. You're told that the city will grow unhappy next turn on the same turn that it has grown unhappy.

The creators of the BUG mod do not support multiplayer, so don't expect those to change any time soon. They're not so bad that they break the game.

I'm not sure but I don't think that BUG is possible with PBEM unless the game is started with BUG loaded as a MOD (as opposed to installed under custom assets).

Warnings for city growth and unrest are one turn too late. You're told that the city will grow unhappy next turn on the same turn that it has grown unhappy.
Is this a MP issue only or does it appear in SP games too?

Ruff, this only happens in multiplayer. I tried a singleplayer game and it worked fine.

Something I did come across while playing single player, however - The GP bar does not work. I am using a new map script - PerfectWorld. Perhaps that's done it? It had always worked fine before... I can post a save game if you like.

save game demoing 'bug' would be good. I think the issue with MP is that we are keying some things off 'player #1' which is always the human in SP. It is not something that we are going to rush to fix (if ever).

I'm usually Player #1 in multiplayer (you mean the first player slot, right)?

Here's the save game.

Attachments

• Great Person Bar.CivBeyondSwordSave
    182.1 KB · Views: 237
While trying to merge BUG with Fall from Heaven, I've run into the following:

file Assets\Python\EntryPoints\CvScreensInterface.py, around line 850-900
Code:
def liberateOnClickedCallback(argsList):
[...]
	if (not city.isNone()):
		if (iButtonId == 0):
			CyMessageControl().sendDoTask(iData1, TaskTypes.TASK_LIBERATE, [COLOR="Red"]-1[/COLOR], -1, False, False, False, False)
		elif (iButtonId == 2):
			CyInterface().selectCity(city, False)

In both the BtS and FfH versions of this file, the -1 I marked in red is a 0 instead. I have no clue what this piece of code is for, so I don't have a clue if I should keep your modification or throw it out. Can someone help me out?

I have no idea. I wonder who and when it was changed. I'd say change it back as all of the other BUG changes in this file are screen related (sevopedia, BUG options, Dom Advisor, etc).

Hi there,

I just would like to know why the PLE (12 Monkeys) has been "cut down" to include it in BUG. Is there any way that I can include the complete version? Did someone do this before?

I find the complete version very useful.

Thank you for any answer. Regards,

There is a Warlords version, but the code is very messy. You can try porting it yourself to BTS, but we've decided to reduce it and take elements instead of recoding the whole thing.

There is a Warlords version, but the code is very messy. You can try porting it yourself to BTS, but we've decided to reduce it and take elements instead of recoding the whole thing.

will try, thank you. Did you try before? I just want to know if I'm dealing with a death cause, or if it hasn't been tested yet.

I love your "mod" (more of an expansion really...). Good work.

It's not a death cause, and all modifications were marked by 12Monkeys when he first created it, so you can just pull it to make it work. But the code is ALL over the place in the maininterface file. I remember when I added PLE to Alerum's UAG a few years ago, and it took me longer to merge PLE into the MOD then it did rest of the Mods, excluding the GP Mod, combined. Good Luck though!:)

Thanks for the compliment.:)

the main issue for me with PLE is that it totally re-wrote the unit selection code for very little added benefit. I think the current interface (and kb shortcuts like Ctrl-H to select all injured units) can do almost all of what PLE provided.

What, specifically, do you like about PLE? I'm asking for the particular feature(s) of PLE that you like.

well, I tried it... a mess of code, so I gave up.

What I liked from it was mostly the arranging thing, I used it all the time, for me it made the management of stacks much easier. I didn't use the filters that much, although I find them a very good idea.

If you could just add those two things, specially the arrangement of units in rows or columns, and hopefull the filtering system (at least the most basic stuff) to BUG, that would be wonderful.

Regards,

Awesome mod, folks.

Question (probably for Ruff): It is it possible to tell Civ not to append the unit type onto the unit name? If I call a unit "XIV Warrior Legion," Civ calling it "XIV Warrior Legion (Warrior)" is like allowing myself to introduce... myself. ;)

In any event, thanks for the great work.

I don't think so, but I'm not sure if you want to do that. The units do not rename when you upgrade them, so it may say XIV Warrior Legion, if you make him a Swordsman it will still say XIV Warrior Legion.

Question (probably for Ruff): It is it possible to tell Civ not to append the unit type onto the unit name? If I call a unit "XIV Warrior Legion," Civ calling it "XIV Warrior Legion (Warrior)" is like allowing myself to introduce... myself. ;)
Nope - nothing we can do about that. It is just part of the game that we cannot change.

No problem. Thanks again for the feedback, guys.

Firstly, great work on BUG, it really is great! :thumbsup:

My issue has been entering a custom log entry using alt-e; no log entry is recorded, and a message is displayed: DEBUG event: (Sweetacshon).

Any ideas?

the debug event is normal. That's how the events mod is coded that it enters a debug message. I don't know why it's not in your log though. It should be in both the in-game and autologger field. Did you check your options in the BUG mod to make sure it's set to log events and reminders?

Top Bottom