New Features & Fixes

EmperorFool

Deity
This thread is for the BUG team to post information about new features and major fixes as they are added to the mod's SVN repository. See the Latest Version thread for instructions on using the repository to get the latest pre-release version.

Please do not post or reply in this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation :goodjob: and enjoy the new stuff! :)

I've added two related alerts. Both optionally display a message the first turn that you can hurry the production in a city by either the whip or gold.

The whip message tells you how many population you will lose and how many overflow :hammers: you will gain.

The gold message tells you how much :gold: it will cost.

Note: I have changed the messages slightly from what's in the pics. The city name now comes before the item being produced.

• London can hurry Archer for 2:( with 12:hammers: overflow
  • Heliopolis can hurry Bank for 159:gold:
I also renamed the option "Can Hurry w. Population" since "the whip" is the colloquial term, and some players may not know what it means.

I have modified the alerts for happiness and healthiness.

• Pending alerts now consider the effects from whipping, drafting, espionage, defying UN/AP resolutions and random events.
  • Added alerts for when a city becomes happy/healthy in addition to angry/sick.
I wasn't able to capture the event as it passed by in the messages at the top of the screen, but they do show up there.

I added three new hurry-related columns to the CDA.

• Population cost of whipping.
  • Overflow hammers from whipping.
  • Gold cost of rush-buying.
If you can't hurry using the method or just cannot afford the cost, a "-" is displayed.

I added new columns to the CDA for the number of trade routes and the total trade route profit. Each has three columns for domestic, foreign and all trade routes. These can be helpful when deciding whether or not Mercantilism is a good civic option.

I added an option to display an angry person icon in the scoreboard next to each AI civ that considers you their worst enemy.

This shot shows that I am Montezuma's worst enemy. It's the angry person (bust) icon between the red angry face and the orange fist. At least Brennus still loves me! :)

If you are updating from an older version of BUG and you're using Aligned Icons, you'll need to add "H" (for Hated) to the Column Order setting (BUG Options : Scores).

A quickie to whet your appetite for the really good stuff in the upcoming BUG 3.0 release.

The "at war" icon has been changed from the orange fist used for occupation (see two posts above) to a pair of crossed swords. (Isabella and Caesar)

The same column now shows a peace sign when you have a peace treaty with another civ and cannot declare war. (Victoria)

NikNaks has been helping us put a pretty face on the various BUG features with his artistic talent. :goodjob:

Edit: These two icons along with one for Worst Enemy also appear on the Glance tab of the Exotic Foreign Advisor.

We're striving to make the Plot List Enhancements mod sleeker and more intuitive. Here is the first installment of that work.

Old and Busted

New and Shiny

• Added a BUG filtering behavior that works more like standard user interfaces.
    Click "Wounded" filter (red cross) to see only wounded units. Click again to show all units.
  • The four "View Mode" buttons have been combined into a single toggle button to make room for new buttons.
  • The two "Group Mode" buttons have been combined into a single toggle button.
  • This combined button and the "Promo/Upgrade Mode" buttons have been moved from the far right to the far left to be next to the "View Mode" button. This will hopefully clear up which ones relate to what.
  • Added a "Reset Filters" button that clears out all selected filters, showing any units that were previously hidden.
  • Added a "Movement" filter.
  • Larger, colorful icons by NikNaks.

We've changed the way units lead by a Great General are indicated in the plot list.

Regular Warrior with Great General Swordsmen

It just doesn't stop! We've now replaced the untranslatable tiny text mission tags below the unit icons with some spiffy new icons. I've also rounded out the missions by adding blockade, patrol, intercept and automate spread religion.

Here are a few of the icons in action.

Left: Spread Religion, Explore, Fortify
Right: Heal, Fortify, Sentry, Sleep​

nice, very nice.

This is very small, but given the quality of your mod, it's a must. Notice the crossed swords icon you use now as a symbol of war... Great addition! But it is inconsistent with the graphic quality of the rest of the mod. Why? It has a background, contrary to the other icons in BUG (transparency is a very nice addition of yours).

So, here is the gamefont_75 file with the transparent crossed swords... it looks a lot better, if you ask me.

For those of us who like to face 10+ civs and use BUG, the Glance screen becomes a nightmare... so I did the same you did for the MA: widen the screen. It looks a lot better for 12+ civs, especially the Glance screen.

well, one thingie I was missing from the excellent new MA SitRep was the rollover for the units in the Strategic Advantage columns.

Here it is.

EDIT: I added some lines to the input handler. Now you can also talk to the other leaders from the SitRep room :D :goodjob:

Enjoy!

well, one thingie I was missing from the excellent new MA SitRep was the rollover for the units in the Strategic Advantage columns.

Here it is.

EDIT: I added some lines to the input handler. Now you can also talk to the other leaders from the SitRep room :D :goodjob:

Enjoy!
Thanks for this. I knew that the MA screen was missing this, just hadn't dug into the other screens to see how to do it. I'll add your code to the production version. :D :goodjob:

BTW: I saw the first half of Hancock last night ... about 50% of the way thru the projector blew a bulb and they couldn't repair it. Gave us back our money (gee thanks) but not our evening or a free ticket to see the other half. The surprising thing was that everyone hung around for 10-15 minutes while they tried to fix it ... must have liked the movie.

well, one thingie I was missing from the excellent new MA SitRep was the rollover for the units in the Strategic Advantage columns. EDIT: I added some lines to the input handler. Now you can also talk to the other leaders from the SitRep room :D :goodjob:

Added to SVN with some MA code removed due to python crash.

The surprising thing was that everyone hung around for 10-15 minutes while they tried to fix it ... must have liked the movie.

Or they felt the same about an evening already invested in half the movie, figured "risking" another 15 minutes to recover it would be worth it. :)

@ricardojahns - I'll check out your EFA changes. Thanks!

Edit: In general I try to avoid modifying existing Civ4 core files like the basic ForeignAdvisor. However, given that 3.17 is probably the last patch and the FA is unlikely to change if they do another patch, are the other BUGgers cool with including this widescreen one?

Edit: In general I try to avoid modifying existing Civ4 core files like the basic ForeignAdvisor. However, given that 3.17 is probably the last patch and the FA is unlikely to change if they do another patch, are the other BUGgers cool with including this widescreen one?
Oh right - putting in the wide version doesn't have option code wrapped around it ... meaning that it is there and cannot be disabled. I'm obviously ok with it. I really only noticed when I saw that the HOF FA looked much nicer than ours ... theirs is wide screen.

Top Bottom