full PLE mod for BUG

or actually fixing the code that draws the units would work too.

What do you mean "fix code?" I don't understand... isn't all of your code perfect to start with?

OMG! My faith is shattered!

Nuts! I just realized something! Does that mean I have to fix things, too? :p

What do you mean "fix code?" I don't understand... isn't all of your code perfect to start with?
You are new here :D so I will waive your lack of understanding and let you in on the secret ... all of my code is broken ... by definition.
Code:
# prior unit doesn't exist - just need to draw the new unit
# this is handled below in the '_update*' functions
if (len(self.BupUnits_Prior) != 0
and (iUnit_Prior >= 0
[COLOR="Red"][B]or[/B][/COLOR]  iUnit_Prior < len(self.BupUnits_Prior))):
	[COLOR="Red"]BupUnit_Prior = self.BupUnits_Prior[iUnit_Prior][/COLOR]
else:
	BupUnit_Prior = None
The red line is the one throwing an error. I thought the if statement above captured out of bound errors. Or is my understanding of python broken too?

Edit: Gees, am I an idiot? Should that 'or' be an 'and'?

Well, my understanding is a little fuzzy at this point, but I think it should be an "and". You want to define a condition between 0 and some number less than len(BupUnits_prior), to make the following line valid. Seems logical that it should be an "and" to evaluate both expressions.

But why listen to me? None of my installers, readme files, or zip files seem to actually work. :lol:

ha - welcome to the blind leading the blind :D

My seeing eye dog reads python. :p

...and Cosmo. :D

fix committed for above r2200

I was playing a SP game over the week end with BUG unit plots on and it went very smoothly. I did manage to recreate the 'mass unload from boats' issue twice - I remembered to save the game just before I unloaded the second time. There is some code in there that 'knows' if a unit plot was used last time and clears it if it isn't used this time - my guess is that this code isn't being reached due to the massive reduction in units in the plot.

some of those PLE options don't apply if you use the Vanilla or BUG draw methods. We probably should update that so that they get greyed out or have that info in the hover.
This would be very helpful. The plot list options screen could use an update to avoid the confusion.
we need to review the UnitPlot option tab. I'm not the best at working with these tabs but I will take a look at it and suggestion a revised grouping.

As for actively graying out invalid options, I'd love it but don't think it's worth the considerable effort for just this. Judicious placement of the options and explanatory hover text should be sufficient.

@ruff_hi

Any progress on getting the Rows list (changing it from multiple to single, and vice versa) to respond to user selections? Currently it's stuck and wol't change till the game is reloaded. I originally thought the entire PLE was unresponsive, but it appears only this option is; though arguably this option is the most apparent, as it's effects takes up a large section of the screen.

It is on my list of things but work and study is totally keeping me off the streets at the moment.

Where can I adjust the position of icons? (to right)

Attachments

• ple.jpg
    ple.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 215
typically it is in the main interface. But I believe we pulled it out to PLE.py.

typically it is in the main interface. But I believe we pulled it out to PLE.py.

I tried in various places changing the values in CvMainInterface and PLE, and could not find. Could you direct me to more or less that I look for?

Can somebody explain the Selection group grouping option? I have read the help for this mod and can't make sense of it. In my game at least it doesn't seem to do what it is expected to do.

Top Bottom