Looking to improve my game.

PurpleTurtle

Shellshocked
Hello, I typically play on emperor difficulty with the gigantic map script and marathon speed setting. I turn time and space race off, as I like my games to get very violent and only be resolved through intercontinental war. I can win with either the GL + cottage spam route, or the Pyramids + SE route. I like them both, but prefer the Pyramids route simply because I can then whore golden ages at key times. The problem is that I have just overused these two strategies and am afraid they are becoming a crutch.

What I would really like is some strategy that has synergy with the offerings of one of the less powerful civs. Japan, for instance, is a country I haven't really played, they have a nice UU, kinda shaky leader traits and a complete crap UB, but I haven't played them and their color is red which is a big + for some reason.

Also, I would like to know if there is anyone that plays on a setting harder than emperor. I would eventually like to make the jump to a higher notch as my friends and wife and I occasionally like to cooperate in a game, but with two human players researching emperor is just too easy.

Top Bottom