Welcome to Wildmana

Probably a dumb question, but I looked for the answer and couldn't find it. Is it not possible to play on a level below Noble?

Whenever I try to start a new game using custom game, the game will crash to my desktop after I click start game. Is their anything I can do to fix this?

Whenever I try to start a new game using custom game, the game will crash to my desktop after I click start game. Is their anything I can do to fix this?

Soda,

Make sure you have the full version 7.20 downloaded and installed first, then the latest patch 7.55.

I would recommend deleting your current files first if you have an older full version.

If this isnt the problem, then repost, and hopefully someonelse can help you beyond that. Provide as much detail as you can if you repost.

with the latest patch this issue shouldn't exist anymore. Anyway, what you can do is to just start a "PLAY NOW" game as this will reset some settings. then custom game should work fine.

I'm playing my first Wildmana game. When I build units in certain cities there is a message which says that an assassin has poisoned my unit, this unit gets the weak promotion and it is damaged. Why is this and what can I do about this?

afaik this happens when there is cult of esus in your cities and you did not convert.
(did you install the latest patch, because cult of esus got a huge revamp?)

Is it possible that the kickoff posts could provide a little more detail about mana guardians, and what % chances might be for something odd to happen to units who get near a node? I have the impression that only a node that still has its guardian can cause weird things to happen, like mutations, getting Wild Valor or Wild Regeneration or Flying (Law node, Body node or Air node respectively), but maybe I'm wrong.

A list to inform new or remind existing players of what all goes into this mechanic would be good, or maybe a link if it's buried somewhere else... thanks.

Started my first WM game a couple days ago, just wanted to stop by and say it's very cool so far :)

Though I'm getting pretty screwed up beelining things that I get to and find out have been rebalanced from FFH! RIP Pillar of Chains :((

Started playing my first game last night, chose a random civ and happily it was one that I already knew -- the Grigori. There are still some bits confusing me, though, and the Civipedia wasn't entirely helpful. An Adventurer, for example, can spend five turns to (I think) "Create new Adventure Opportunity", or something like that. The Civipedia had nothing to say on what the actual effects of this would be, though....

In short, is there any kind of wiki, or guidebook like the one made for Fall From Heaven, that might help me out with such questions?

Just installed the mod and played it last weekend. Wow, I had a lot of fun! Kudos especially on the AI improvements--really makes the game much more enjoyable. I will never go back to original Fall From Heaven II. This mod is a major improvement on an already wonderful game.

The re-organized and expanded Civilopedia is wonderful, though incomplete, but only viewable while the game is running. Is there a manual available? If not, is it in the works?

Thanks again for the great mod!

I've been away for a while because of hardware problems that made the game crash. But now I have my spiffy new PC and the first thing I did was to come back to the Forum to pick up the latest mods. I came for Orbis, an old favorite, but Wildmana caught my eye and so I grabbed that too.

Let me say I am absolutely blown away! The mod is so polished and pretty, and there are so many options! I've only played twice -- the first was enough to show me I am definitely not ready for that ultra-wild option and the second is a nice run with my familiar Svarts that has gotten a little too easy now that I founded FoL from a guy I found in a dungeon. So now I'm going to see what you've done with the Amurites. Eventually, I may have some complaints or requests, but for now it's like a brand new game and I'll just sit back and enjoy.

I can't imagine how anyone finds the inspiration and energy to create something this massive, this splendid. If thanks and praise are part of that motivation, be assured I am both grateful and astonished. Cheers!

thanks for the kind words.

The driving force behind all larger Civ4 mods is the large modding community. I would guess that indirectly about 100-200 people worked either on the base mod FFH or modcomponents included in this mod. There is a large list in the credits that is hopefully more or less complete.

There is no manual for Wildmana, there is one for an old version of FFH by Xienwolf. I plan to take a look at how PDFs works and maybe create a mini manual. For now I think the best is to make the Civilopedia as useful as possible.

If someone has any recommendations on what should be added to he Civilopedia, feel free to post them in Graywardens thread
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=362464

Luv the mod, tx 4 all yur hard work. i have numerous resources, acquired currency but not able to trade resources and can't seem to find civpedia answer.
tx NZ

Luv the mod, tx 4 all yur hard work. i have numerous resources, acquired currency but not able to trade resources and can't seem to find civpedia answer.
tx NZ

nizanthor,

you have to have trade routes established with roads, or harbors and the potential trading partners require the tech trade as well as yourself.

Can I play with my husband via internet? Or lan or something? If we both install FFH and Wildmania, will we be able to play together?

Top Bottom