Download and Current Changelog

A WoC error, hopefully trackable.

by that time I had not copied hyborem fix, maybe that is why?

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0251.CivBeyondSwordSave
    680.1 KB · Views: 56
dammit, I've seen that missing text key some days ago and now I can't remember... I'll see if I can make it pop up again and write it down.

if you overwrote the old CvEventManager.py file with the new one, it should be right.

Question! Is it the case that base FFH refers to the Text/CIV4GameText_Misc1.xml and Wild Mana somehow doesn't? I'm just trying to figure out why my Main Menu, other options, units, and a lot of other stuff have no text when I switch to Spanish, and why this only occurs in Wild Mana, not base FFH or Orbis.
a language won't work if a single TXT key has no entry for that language.
Code:
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_ACTUAL_EFFECTS</Tag>
        <English>Actual Bonus from Building</English>
    </TEXT>
an entry like this breaks all languages but english. will be fixed next version

Second, it seems like the XML files are full of a LOT of stuff that's not getting used (Ngomele, huh?). It's a bit confusing to anyone having to fiddle with the XML - would you be able to nuke what you aren't using? This was especially confusing when only about half the changes I made showed up in game because I guess it was pulling text from two different places (Civ4WildMana.xml is what I edited, but I think it was pulling text from Modules/NormalModules/ArcaneMastery/Text/ArcaneMastery.xml instead).

Thanks a bunch! :)

when I merge things I usually just put the text files in the folder and not worry too much about it. Going through the files and looking which 100 of the 1000 entries are actually needed would take a lot of time. If your change isn't applied, you can always rename your txt key and the reference in the xml. Take a look at the tweaked buildings module (modules\ffhplus\buildings\civ4buildinginfos.xml) I changed the txt help key for granary and smokehouse there using the True modular system.

it is caused by a balseraph mimic. Next version will include a fix for this.

do not hope that you can escape...t'is is for you...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 109
a language won't work if a single TXT key has no entry for that language.
Code:
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_ACTUAL_EFFECTS</Tag>
        <English>Actual Bonus from Building</English>
    </TEXT>
an entry like this breaks all languages but english. will be fixed next version
Right, I understand that - I'm just confused because I can't seem to find any of the values from the original text file duplicated anywhere with only an English tag, so I don't understand why it's behaving as it is.

when I merge things I usually just put the text files in the folder and not worry too much about it. Going through the files and looking which 100 of the 1000 entries are actually needed would take a lot of time. If your change isn't applied, you can always rename your txt key and the reference in the xml. Take a look at the tweaked buildings module (modules\ffhplus\buildings\civ4buildinginfos.xml) I changed the txt help key for granary and smokehouse there using the True modular system.
Would it be helpful if while I'm translating, I went through and nuked all the extraneous stuff? (Well, not all, but the stuff that's obviously not included.)

Right, I understand that - I'm just confused because I can't seem to find any of the values from the original text file duplicated anywhere with only an English tag, so I don't understand why it's behaving as it is.

if a language tag like <german> is missing from only one TXT_KEY, it won't work for all TXT_KEYs in the game. Sounds crazy but it is that way. That's why many TXT keys in base ffh have just the english word as a "translation" for all languages.

Would it be helpful if while I'm translating, I went through and nuked all the extraneous stuff? (Well, not all, but the stuff that's obviously not included.)
Do whatever you think works best for you. From now on I will add all new TXT keys into one single file so you can easily find them.

I'm sorry, I promise I'm not trying to be totally obnoxious. I'm just new to this modding stuff and am trying to figure it out so I can be helpful. Thanks for your patience. :)

Ok just need to know if I installed the hotfix correctly. If I click on a city and then click on a courthouse,it should tell me exactly how much that particular building is saving me in gold? I'm not seeing that...I installed in FFH2/Mods/WM/Assets/Python/Evenman.

all the hotfix will do is to remove a bug that kept Hyborem from Spawning.

@Saathei

I still remember when I started modding and very simple changes took me hours

temporary Fix: AI will never convert away from their favorite Religion (I had changed that recently but it seems it causes more issues than it helps)

oh, god thnx, because in my game Sheaim converted to...Order...

I think I found a bug: The Queen of the Line ship is on the tech tree (Astronomy), requiring Iron or Mithril + Astronomy and a Shipyard to build. Unfortunately, Shipyards were removed from Wildmana so the Queen of the Line may never be built. Unless this ship was intended to be removed this is a smallish problem.

yeah, definetly a bug. I had added Shipyard back, the tweaked Module description also lists the building, just somehow the XML was missing.

methinks it would be good to change the palace mana for the Kuriotates and Grigori, so that they start with a source of Creation ( kurio ) and Force ( grigori ) mana, seeing as their patron gods are Amatheon and Dagda.

might be nice to give them to a couple civs that deserve it too I guess, you could check RifE since FF has done that a good while ago.

if you use more mana gameoption, Grigori actually start with Force mana :D (and Kuriotates will now get Creation)

yeah, but I don't want more mana from the palace nor on the map, I think that's fine as it is, mana should be reasonably hard to get. imho kurio with creation and grigori with force should be default, not a gameoption. I don't think those 2 spheres are so particularly more powerful than the others as to deserve a special treatment ;)

Not sure which thread this should go to, but anyway: Thanks a bunch for Wildmana Sephi, I absolutely love the newest version. This takes the excellent Fall From Heaven and turns it into an experience that is in no way shamed by games such as Master of Magic or Xcom in terms of enjoyability. I especially appreciate your efforts at improving the AI; the original FFH AI was painful at best, but it's really beginning to shape up. I sometimes actually lose at Emperor difficulty now, which is something I have never experienced in the various renditions of vanilla Civ or FFH.

So thanks! You are in my gaming hall of fame along with Kael and Sid ;)

I remember back in the old days of FFH2 were there were problems with too many new resources bumping some out (ie regents) so that they would not show up in game. With all the new ones - had/s this issue been fixed?

You might not see all resources on a duel sized map, but else there should always be some of each. Let me know if one shows up too rarely.

Not sure which thread this should go to, but anyway: Thanks a bunch for Wildmana Sephi, I absolutely love the newest version. This takes the excellent Fall From Heaven and turns it into an experience that is in no way shamed by games such as Master of Magic or Xcom in terms of enjoyability. I especially appreciate your efforts at improving the AI; the original FFH AI was painful at best, but it's really beginning to shape up. I sometimes actually lose at Emperor difficulty now, which is something I have never experienced in the various renditions of vanilla Civ or FFH.

So thanks! You are in my gaming hall of fame along with Kael and Sid ;)

yeah, Xcom was great. Master of Magic had a terrible AI though :/, everything else was suberb.

Top Bottom