Changes from WM to MOM

Well, I tried playing based on the info I got on the new Magic system, but in some cases Im still puzzled:

- I notice that my mages can upgrade to some spells of mana nodes I do not even have, and are UNABLE to upgrade to specific spells of nodes I do have. In both cases, I allready researched the spells, regardless.

- Many of the spells are simply the same with different names, ie "20% damage", etc.. Is this intentional?

1) you unlock spells by researching them. it is possible to reaseach spells you don't have mana from. for example if you have mostly light magic mana nodes and you are good it is very well possible to reseach nature , although you might have no mana of that type.
In the next coming patch mana types will increase the damage of spells fom the same sphere (for example fire mana increases the damage of fireball, meteor and the like) to give a bigger incentive to build mana nodes of the same type of your researched/most used spells.

2) it is not intentional and you probably missed something. many spells have secondary effects, for example sun spells immobilise, lightining spells deal more damage to units with weapons, firespells deal damage to more targets (and apply a damage over time effect in the enxt patch) some spells may affect adjecent tiles other spells teleport units around and so on and so forth.
there is also a difference in magic damage type.

it might by possible that low tier spells may be similar but the more you advance the more they become unique.

1) you unlock spells by researching them. it is possible to reaseach spells you don't have mana from. for example if you have mostly light magic mana nodes and you are good it is very well possible to reseach nature , although you might have no mana of that type.
In the next coming patch mana types will increase the damage of spells fom the same sphere (for example fire mana increases the damage of fireball, meteor and the like) to give a bigger incentive to build mana nodes of the same type of your researched/most used spells.

2) it is not intentional and you probably missed something. many spells have secondary effects, for example sun spells immobilise, lightining spells deal more damage to units with weapons, firespells deal damage to more targets (and apply a damage over time effect in the enxt patch) some spells may affect adjecent tiles other spells teleport units around and so on and so forth.
there is also a difference in magic damage type.

it might by possible that low tier spells may be similar but the more you advance the more they become unique.

Got it. But what about that I have a specific Mana node, Enthropy, yet I cannot cast a spell I researched (lvl 1) of enthropy?

The Entropy I spell is Mana Surge.

That spell is not cast by your adepts/mages/archmages. It is cast from the magic screen since it is a Global Enchantment. Have you checked the spell screen? (Click the glowing light blue button in the upper right of the screen on the new upper row of buttons, next to the spell research button.) The things along the bottoms are different displays, "Overview", "Summons", "Terraform", and "Global Enchantments" - the last 3 of these are different types of spells and Mana Surge should be on the Global Enchantments page after you get that spell tech.

The Entropy I spell is Mana Surge.

That spell is not cast by your adepts/mages/archmages. It is cast from the magic screen since it is a Global Enchantment. Have you checked the spell screen? (Click the glowing light blue button in the upper right of the screen on the new upper row of buttons, next to the spell research button.) The things along the bottoms are different displays, "Overview", "Summons", "Terraform", and "Global Enchantments" - the last 3 of these are different types of spells and Mana Surge should be on the Global Enchantments page after you get that spell tech.

Cool, I didn't even see that. Well, I tried casting awareness, which is supposed to reveal the location of all cities? well, nothing happened. Bug?

Edit: Forest guide did not work either.

Second edit: I noticed that despite upgrading to specific Aura's, many of them do not show on the units attached to my mages, in some cases to no units. This applies to the battle-captain aura's aswell.

Cool, I didn't even see that. Well, I tried casting awareness, which is supposed to reveal the location of all cities? well, nothing happened. Bug?

Edit: Forest guide did not work either.

Second edit: I noticed that despite upgrading to specific Aura's, many of them do not show on the units attached to my mages, in some cases to no units. This applies to the battle-captain aura's aswell.

Strange, they should work, at least they do for me... ecept for Awareness I, because I never use it. Forest giude works well!
To the the effect of auras you have to mouseover the unit. There you see the aura effects. If you mouseover the auracaster you see what his aura does atm.

Top Bottom