Immortal Mongolia (play this for the most insane start ever)

sherbz

Deity
Ok i have played a lot of civ, and am quite good at it, beaten it many times. i have also had many many different starts. But i have NEVER had astart as powerful as this, so i thought i would share it with people. If you are an immortal/deity player, then play this and see how quick you can beat the game. If you are an emperor player, then play this and watch you easily whip immortal. You might even be able to do it if you are a monarch player. Save attached.

I have attached the following screens. Play blind if you want, or check out just how amazing this start really is:

Your start:

Spoiler :

If you move your warrior:

Spoiler :

My turn 86:

Spoiler :

Please play and post your later game screenshots here. Im on turn 86 and i cant wait until i hit Keshik's :)

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    497.6 KB · Views: 185
PS i kind of missed of the dyes i snagged on the last screenshot, but whatevs.

I might play this one later; I still need to finish my American game where the Huns killed off so much stuff in the middle of the map that I have room to drop like 8-10 cities even though I went Tradition.
Might I suggest 4 things;
1. Build Chariots instead of composites they quickly upgrade into Kesiks and your window to kill the world is alot larger
2. Scout more quickly, you should have your Pangaea or continent uncovered by turn 90
3. Sell Strategics that you aren't using; I get that you are going to use those horses but you also have iron you aren't using that should be sold for gold.
4. Get your trade routes up faster.

That looks quite interesting. I have just finished a game so I will give this a go later

I might play this one later; I still need to finish my American game where the Huns killed off so much stuff in the middle of the map that I have room to drop like 8-10 cities even though I went Tradition.
Might I suggest 4 things;
1. Build Chariots instead of composites they quickly upgrade into Kesiks and your window to kill the world is alot larger
2. Scout more quickly, you should have your Pangaea or continent uncovered by turn 90
3. Sell Strategics that you aren't using; I get that you are going to use those horses but you also have iron you aren't using that should be sold for gold.
4. Get your trade routes up faster.

I take point 1. The rest: As for scouting, i popped an upgrade to my initial scout into an archer and there were a number of city states nearby that had quests for barb villages (there were 3 near my capital. So i took all of them out, hence why i didnt scout so much). Thats why i have 3 allied to me, which is pretty good going this early. I had also identified where i wanted my cities, and was pumping expansion as fast as i could having gone tradition. For the same reason, thats why tehre are no trade routes yet, my number one goal is expansion. Everything else can wait. Because i had fountain of youth, i wanted to get as many good city spots as i could with all that happiness. Those 5 turns for a caravan might have cost me. As for strategics, that iron is from a city state. i could trade away 5 horses though as i have so many.

Spoiler :
I didn't see it was FOY. I would go 2 CC domination I guess.

That was fun. Range, Logistic Keshiks and 5 Khans. I cleared the continent.

Interesting game...
Full of spoilers, text style...

Spoiler :
built 2 cities, then started build chariot archers... isabella asks me to go to war with venice, I accept... with just 3 chariot archers, and a horseman, and NO help from spain, venice is mine...

Keep researching towards chivilary, and turn my attention to Sweden... with 6 chariots and 2 horseman, I take both of Swedens cities... time to consolidate, and take care of happiness... trading with russia, and get denounced by spain... spain will be a tuff nut to crack with all that jungle, but I am 5 turns away from upgrading to Keshiks...I have 4 Khans...

I also went honor for the cheaper cost of upgrading my military. Make the chariots to Keshiks 95 each.

Also now getting gold for every kill, since I really don't have much of an economy.

Turn 120, and I dow spain... draw her units out, and pick them apart.
take all of her cities, burn one, and keep Barcelona and Madrid.

Russia denounces me, and I march on novograd... take novograd, she offers peace, I refuse, and march on Moscow, going around St petersburg, which is built in the middle of tundra. Take Moscow, and march on st petersburg... I want to entire continent to my self....

Catherine offers peace, with 3 cities... I accept, as my hapiness and economy is in the tank again. Get 4 great works from the 3 cities, and move them, and burn the cites to the ground...

Turn my attention to the 2 cities states that enrico converted... roll over both quickly, as I now have 12 Keshiks, and 4 horsemen, and still have 4 Khans... 2 with each army... have built 4 citidals.

The ten turns are up on the peace treaty, and I turn on St petersburg... a few turns later, and all I have left now is to clean up the barb camps, and the resistor barbs that keep spawning...

yep my happiness is in the negative teens...

Finishing up astronomy, to go hunting for the other continent...

I have opened tradition, first choice for the culture, then honor, right side first for the cheaper upgrade cost, then finish right side for the gold for kills. Opened commerce, for the reduced cost of roads, and a little better cash for the trade routes with city states.

open exploration, and finish astronomy... head one army east, one army west, and have the donated units from the city states fortified in cities. Annex Venice, need another port city to make a navy, also annex madrid...

Run into napolean's caravel, trade for embassy, and 3 happiness goods...
army one runs into the coastal cities of atilla.... talk about fun, genghis fighting attilla....
trade for another happiness....
and run into boduccia... last, making her my first target... and both nappy and atiila give me open borders... scout them out as I move into position to take edmonton....

I can stand off with logistics and range, move around, heal.... those keshiks are immortal.... and even when I oops, they heal so quickly... I did loose one to a city, treb, and gallias bombardment. He was new anyway.

took a few turns to decimate the large military boudicca had, from fighting atilla.... but she was not ahead of me in tech....

TAke edmonton, move on dublin, which is forward settled on atilla's court, which has the great wall. Get Dublin, plant 2 citidals, to negate the great wall, which caused atilla to dow me hey hey....

Atilla has musketeers, but with double tap keshiks bolstered by khans... they fall quickly and after many turns of picking off his military, I can finally attack the court. Mean while back home, navigation is complete, and the first of the frigates are on their way to paris...

6 frigates, 2 caravels, and 1 privateer made quick work of Napoleans navy, and a few turns later, paris is mine...

finished up on turn 228, with a domination win.

Did not feel like an immortal game, more like an emperor level game.

I would include screen shots, but don't really know how to get the screen shot from the tga format to something useable.

Turn 95. Settled in place and planted one more city near FoY. Extra 10 happiness is pretty useful, as are 6 more horses, 2 salt and 1 copper. Opened Tradition and just finished Honor with Oracle. Took Stockholm and Venice with 6 chariot archers and 1 spearman. At peace now, but no one likes me (of course). Can't decide whether to push on through jungle to take Spain, or wait for Keshiks. NC on about turn 70, but tech rate is still low and I'm way too far from Chivalry for my taste. Probably going to annex Stockholm and Venice and push growth.

You guys rushed a lot quicker than I did, preferring to take the AI cities rather than build your own (im not criticising, im just saying that seems to be the thread). I hard built 4 cities and then started my rampage when I had keshik’s, not before. Im totally lording it at the moment having rolled over Spain and Sweden. My god though, taking Madrid was a pain. Venice is my next target. I wanted them to get some juicy wonders for me. Then I might think about the Russian behemoth. Have not discovered the other continent yet.

I think if you are an emperor player, this is a good map to practice using Keshiks, or just warfare in general on higher difficulties. Its hard to see how you can not do well with all that excess happiness and horses. You might even be able to do it if you are a monarch player.

I bee-lined to the Keshiks and only used Keshiks plus a few pikes and a horseman. It took me until 167 to clear the continent because Cathy kept spamming cities. After that I didn't really finish it.

Oh, but I did kill them all before i ever met the other civs. haha.

I had the entire continent as mine before I met the other civs... no war monger hate when I met them.

I needed the practice of using chariot archers to take cities, had never tried that, since the upgrade to Keshiks. Was a fun time.

Only the 3rd game I have ever seen the fountain of youth, and first time I got to use it.

seeing it was mongolia, with a strong start, I went directly for a domination win, and to see if I could clear the continent before greeting the other civs... which I did.

Just completed this. T362 Cultural Victory.

I decided to be a bit different, my last two wins were domination so I thought I would try a cultural victory. Interesting choice with possibly the best domination leader. I get frustrated with happiness woes with domination so it was nice not to have to worry about this.

My strategy was 3 tall cities with the food caravans at the start for growth along with the fertility rights pantheon.

I managed to befriend Sweden fairly quickly and they stayed my ally through the game. Spain where a bit temperamental and kept DoWing me. Once I had Keshicks this was no worries. Russia took over most of the continent but turned out to be a good Ally.

Mid game I notice France as a runaway culture civ and there is no way any amount of tourism will match their culture. I paid the Huns and Russia to declare war on Napoelon. The Huns quickly defeated Napoleon and their culture was minimal.

Sweden almost won toward the end of the game with a Dipomatic victory so I paid Russia to declare war on them Russia conquered many of their city state allys and thus reduced their delegates. I snapped up a few city state allies from them where they were running short of cash to fun their war.

Late game musician concert tours purchased with faith sealed the deal for a victory in the end.

Just completed this. T362 Cultural Victory.

I decided to be a bit different, my last two wins were domination so I thought I would try a cultural victory. Interesting choice with possibly the best domination leader. I get frustrated with happiness woes with domination so it was nice not to have to worry about this.

My strategy was 3 tall cities with the food caravans at the start for growth along with the fertility rights pantheon.

I managed to befriend Sweden fairly quickly and they stayed my ally through the game. Spain where a bit temperamental and kept DoWing me. Once I had Keshicks this was no worries. Russia took over most of the continent but turned out to be a good Ally.

Mid game I notice France as a runaway culture civ and there is no way any amount of tourism will match their culture. I paid the Huns and Russia to declare war on Napoelon. The Huns quickly defeated Napoleon and their culture was minimal.

Sweden almost won toward the end of the game with a Dipomatic victory so I paid Russia to declare war on them Russia conquered many of their city state allys and thus reduced their delegates. I snapped up a few city state allies from them where they were running short of cash to fun their war.

Late game musician concert tours purchased with faith sealed the deal for a victory in the end.

I think this map is crying out for warfare. You have so much in the way of horses, happiness and luxuries it would be crazy not to. As i have been really busy, im not much past turn 150, but i have subjugated the whole of my continent bar russia and am miles ahead in tech. I could turtle up and go science but as i still have so much happiness i might push on and conquer russia having taken out spain, sweden and venice. Then ill need to look at nappy and Atilla.

I played my game for about another 100 turns after my conquest finished and it ended up being me on my land and Attila in total control of the other land mass. Kinda funny, 2 conquerors squaring off -- as if he had a chance.

Thanks for the fun map.

Turn 190 domination win.

Only built two cites. Second one to get FOY, to stay happy then captured all the capitals on my continent before heading out to find the other civs.

Can't stop promoted Keshiks. Move in, shoot, move out. Hardest part is finding the right spot to shoot from.

I bee-lined to the Keshiks and only used Keshiks plus a few pikes and a horseman. It took me until 167 to clear the continent because Cathy kept spamming cities. After that I didn't really finish it.

Oh, but I did kill them all before i ever met the other civs. haha.

1030AD - One turn from capturing the last Russian city and 3-4 turns from finishing off Sweden (ignored their last crap city after taking their capital very early - bad mistake in hindsight!), the Celts sail over. I never had a chance to get all the blood out of the carpets, or remove all the heads from pikes.

This is going to take some explaining :(

Spoiler :

As i didnt rush, it took me until turn 235 to finish off Russia. Catherine built the great wall, which really slowed me down actually. Im still a monster though and have had no happiness troubles thorughout the play through. Seems Atill destroyed the Celts so its them who i have in my sights next.

Spoiler :

The most interesti9ng thing i think is just how powerful a religion you can get. i took the pantheo that gave me faith for salt and copper mines, and oh my goodness how did it grow. I have so much money with tithe and am generating an absurd amount of faith. I also snagged pagodas and spammed them everywhere, so things are working rather nicely at the moment. Im also quite deep in the patronage tree as i have load of CS allies. one mistake was that i took autocracy, although its not that bad. IMO order is better, but as im going to go to war with nappy and atilla i guess it doesnt really matter. And prora will nullify any happiness problems i may encounter.

Edit: now i have cleared the useless roads and connected up my cities im generating approx 250 gold per turn.

Spoiler :

And so the great battle is about to begin. Nappy has just declared on Atilla, so my plan is to piggy back on that little conquest and the Nuke Napoleon out of the game.:lol:

Finished clearing my continent just after turn 160 (think it was 162) and the other continent on turn 199 (used swarms of super-promoted Keshiks (range, logistics, march-- Ouch!), a gifted knight, and a bunch of frigates and privateers to take Paris as the last capital, with happiness in the toilet). Felt like playing on after winning, and finally got the achievement for building the International Space Station. :)

Cleared home continent by about turn 160-170, Spain was tricky to attack because of the mountains, and Catherine built the great wall which slowed me down.

Celts, Attilla and Napolean still all had 3-4 cities each (Boudicca had taken one of Atillas cities other than that I think they were at peace most of the time).

Attacked Celts first then got badly shot up, she had six or seven Galleases around and I was only just building a navy then.

Science and Happiness were bad (never made it to modern era), did same as Browd attacked Attilla with Keskiks (400-500XP?!!) then took Paris with frigates and caravels. Finished about turn 230.

Top Bottom