One game for each leader-suggestions

teakbois

Prince
In order to spice things up I am going to play one game as each leader. I usually randomize leader and map but end up restarting a lot when i get Attila on an island or a civ with bonuses I dont like on paper. I tend to suck at warmongering as well, and maybe setting the leader and map types ahead of time will encourage me to play different strategies and get better.

I am starting on Emperor and hope to be at Diety when done.

Alphabetically by leader, Morocco was first. Even though Pangaea is likely best for his UA, I did continents instead because I dont often play on continents. i had an amazing spot for a second city Petra/Kasbah behemoth and seem to be running away with the game. Going for Science win.

So next up would be Alexander. Suggestions for map type/VC? Diplo is the obvious choice, but might mix it up because diplo is the most boring VC imo. Probably bumping it up to Immortal for this one.

Morocco game finished
Diplomatic Victory turn 360 (was going science but saved myself 20 or 30 uneventful turns waiting for the techs)

Will start Greece tonight.

After Greece try Assyria Culture or domination only. Leave the other conditions on - but make yourself only play to get those two victories.

Looking forwards to an AAR!

Greece domination on a Pangaea small map, try and get the achievement.

Greece domination on a Pangaea small map, try and get the achievement.

This is tempting, but something about small maps turns me off. For some of these I plan on playing bigger maps than standard, but this game will be standard pangaea.

I dont think Ive had a domination victory since vanilla (granted I barely played Civ V during Vanilla and G+K) and definitely not good at warmonger outside of artillery cheese

Im anticipating falling flat on my face, but thats the whole point of doing this in the first place.

At least i wont have to play against Alex this game

Havent had much chance to play the last few days

Got off to slow start with greece...Immediate neighbor is babylon with Denmark next closest with some tough terrain to get through. Decided against early composite/hoplite rush because with my slow start and poor choice of targets it didnt make sense.

Denmark showed extreme AI stupidity, putting 15 units or so around my cities..then out of nowhere Babylon DoWed me. Instead of capitalizing on this, they choose to wait until the turn after the Babylon war ended.

At one point Athens was down in the red vs babylon but I kept their melee units out of range. Denmark could have easily finished me had they jumped in.

Rushing to artillery now, then the world is mine.

Only one militaristic city state unfortunately, and with my luck Venice or Austria will gobble it up

Austria decided to declare war on babylon so i snuck in and took their capital, and decided to take care of Denmark while I was it. Maybe Im better at this than i thought. Took copenhagen with most cannons, crossbowmen, and opportunistic cavalry (they attack cities just fine if you get em low enough). Thanks for building me statue of zeus, harold.

Still unsure when to puppet, annex, or raise. Got a city in peace treaty that is on the way to another capital so probably a no brainer to keep it, 9 pop city.

Next up, Poland, Iroquois and Venice.

Top Bottom