Bring a worker with every invasion you do

Gucumatz

JS, secretly Rod Serling
If you have a worker coupled with certain policies/the Pyramids/game speed it is possible to rebuild an improvement in 1 turn. You can rebuild improvements also in foreign lands

Previously there wasn't much of a point to this - but if you bring a worker with your invading army now, you can pretty much heal 25 hp each turn in addition to your regular move.
====

So if you have spare workers - can be a nice use for them

As one of the people who always pillaged anyways, I have been doing this since 5 came out. Soaking up 100-200 gold when taking a city meant pillaging was always worth it. Besides, workers at home are bored anyways, so I would just have them follow the wave of expansion repairing the countryside and installing tradeposts.

Yup, bored workers should be right there on the front lines or right behind them, cleaning up the mess.

I always pillage. Later in the game I'll drop some paratroopers to simply pillage enemy territory. Especially, civs who are trying to build the spaceship. If they divert military resources to stop my diversion, so be it. :lol:
After awhile my workers are just sitting around waiting to build railroads. Might as well send them into enemy territory. Where they can pillage and be nearby to build TPs.

I love ideas like this, I had never considered this before. Anyone know which improvement provides the most gold per pillage? Imagine just repeat-pillaging a tile 3 tiles away from the enemy city (where it can't bombarb you), you could make some pretty significant gold that way I'd think.

Personally I find it kind of cheap just maybe not along the line of a straight up exploit, but a little close (People didn't sow fields and redig mines after having looted them for supplies and salted them...). It's easily something I could see them patch out of the game at "some" point, however it's not something I see as very overpowered unless you are against a low difficulty AI who doesn't recognize the opportunity to steal and sell a worker.

Personally I find it kind of cheap just maybe not along the line of a straight up exploit, but a little close (People didn't sow fields and redig mines after having looted them for supplies and salted them...). It's easily something I could see them patch out of the game at "some" point, however it's not something I see as very overpowered unless you are against a low difficulty AI who doesn't recognize the opportunity to steal and sell a worker.

Totally disagree, and especially now that the AI has learned to pillage back. Rebuilding after the destruction of war does happen has happened and will happen. Europe would just be a pile of rubble if not for efforts to repair after the ravages of war.

Consider that "years" pass every turn. What farm you raided to feed your army last year, is owned by your vassal this year.

I love ideas like this, I had never considered this before. Anyone know which improvement provides the most gold per pillage? Imagine just repeat-pillaging a tile 3 tiles away from the enemy city (where it can't bombarb you), you could make some pretty significant gold that way I'd think.

The pillage loot is a bit randomized, so you wouldn't really carve a nice profit doing repeat pillages (that and the AI is slow to repair it during a war). Still, taking an extra hundred gold per city because of pillaging is aces. If you are puppetting, you are going to replace most improvements anyways.

The pillage loot is a bit randomized, so you wouldn't really carve a nice profit doing repeat pillages (that and the AI is slow to repair it during a war). Still, taking an extra hundred gold per city because of pillaging is aces. If you are puppetting, you are going to replace most improvements anyways.

U dont get the idea - the idea is to have a worker with pretty much every unit moving - the unit destroys each turn the worker repair right back, next turn same and ..

its a bit exploitive - I had done this in a mp duel with a dude who just wanted CS in game - 3 units in CS land + 3 workers = about 40 gold each turn+ free xp for shooting city - now with the heal this is even more op and exploititve

'its a bit exploitive'

no, it is a "lot exploitive" :)

totally unintended, but players always bea developers when it comes to exploits :)

Talk about boring playing style.

Also, if you play Skyrim, don't forget to pick up every jar and plate you see or as Scrooge McDuck would have said about this "one gold is also money". ;)

Yeah, a free +25 HP every turn per unit is totally not an exploit. -_-

I certainly won't use it.

That needs to be reduced. They will most likely do that via an update.

U dont get the idea - the idea is to have a worker with pretty much every unit moving - the unit destroys each turn the worker repair right back, next turn same and ..

its a bit exploitive - I had done this in a mp duel with a dude who just wanted CS in game - 3 units in CS land + 3 workers = about 40 gold each turn+ free xp for shooting city - now with the heal this is even more op and exploititve

I see, yeah this smells a bit too much of cheddar for me personally.

no different than an invading army pillaging/looting, forcing the populace to resow the fields/rebuild, then looting/pillaging all over again. the way people talk you'd think anything short of just moving your units forward like zombies is considered an exploit, any attempt to creatively figure out advantages instantly maligned as an exploit. is it an exploit to move all your siege forward to an enemy city with one damaged melee knowing the ai has a tendency to target damaged units, so sparing your siege? is it an exploit to move to the rear of an ai's empire and drop all your siege on their shore and take a city virtually undefended because the ai isn't programmed well to avoid such attacks? is it an exploit to mass bombers in a city to use superior airpower to dominate the late game owing to the ai building virtually no fighters/airforce? some people are so exploit-phobic they won't even trade luxuries to the ai because 'the ai is programmed to do bad deals and buy luxuries they don't really need'.. give me a break. to me the term expoit refers more to bugs which are exploited, such as the hwacha bug, or the courthouse bug in the past, this is no bug and it's definitely not going to be OP, it's human creativity looking for any minor little advantage it can find, no different than the various military strategies employed by commanders through the ages which often relied on duplicity and creativity.

Good tip - I will use it on Deity where as far as AI is concerned 'anything goes'
Also I have been using workers in FRONT of my advancing army to tempt enemy units to capture them just to be then trapped, killed and the worker 'liberated'.

AI chooses the worker over attacking my units - big mistake lol

Top Bottom