New NESes, ideas, development, etc

Maybe in Nagasaki and Such, they are mutated bacteria which reanimated corspes and are inmune to Radioactivity: only destroyable by huge explosions. They are not air/water transmittable but human fluids transmittable. They don't need oxygen so they will march underwater to china and such. Go go go!

I kind of lost the thread of discussion....:confused:

http://www.randomnumbergenerator.com/ is okay, but it is an online version which is impractical if you do not have internet all the time, while

http://www.magic-league.com/download/apprentice.php Apprentice is a MtG program which has an incorporated die roller (And you can select the max. roll, therefore it's an RNG :))

However, doing automatic random number generation, meh, I have no idea about that.
Thanks. ATM I am looking into some VB functions that integratte with Excel and may provide me with answers. I am not a programmmer, so....

If I can get this to work, then I will try to build a battle resolution routine that might be fun. If not, then percentile dice may have to do. ;)

Retroactive deletion.

Oh, ye'll take the low road and I'll take the high road, and I'll be in Scotland a'fore ye...
Please finish yours first and let me use it! :D

Also, I find random.org to be quite useful.

It is aninteresting site, but I did not see a way to use those RNGs in a spreadsheet. I want to use RNGs in resolving NES battles and some other things that need some kind of unknown component.

Retroactive deletion.

Well I have finally started to join the club and start a NES. I'm thinking of starting a settlers NES, although not with Northern/Southern America. You would represent a Noble House trying to claim your own share of the land. Europe would be as it is 1500's. You could join as Portugal, Spain, England,France,Denmark,Sweden,Norway or one of the Italian city states. Stats would be things Like Manpower, Money, Army/Navy Qualitly/Quantity, Centrilization, cities, relations with your king and so forth.

As another intresting Mechanic would be "Kings land". All of the countries to a greater or lesser extent will claim part of the America's for the crown. Then your houses could trasnverse the lands of your king or even extend it for better relationships.

As for war, anything goes from poatching from a rival to instigating a full out war between two countries. Of course when the King does to war he expects you to go with him. YOu could refuse him and risk his Ire of course or join him and take some land of your own. In fact a victory for the other country might not mean a loss for you.

Finally Gameplay would be considered more important than realism.

New Stuff: Exploration, a double edged sword. Most of the world shall start black, and as you explore I'll update the map, a la Lines NES. However the new stuff is revealed to everyone.

Edit: Also if anyone would be able to design a America's map, that would be great. Have fun, make several blobs of land and some sort of a carribian on the Easts coast. As an incentive to all you mapmakers out there, whoever provideds the best map will get to chose where we start.

This is exactly the type of NES I was thinking about starting before I decided to go with MRTOR. You'd deffinetly have me as a player.

I'd join as well.

id be interested

My creative talent has been stirred, but I still have a map problem. Can anyone point me towards any good mapmaking software? Or do you usually scan in pictures?(I suffer from an unfortunant lack of the latter)

Just take some from the net and mess aroung on paint. It's what I do. :p

And I would partake in this NES.

With both IceKomander and Sheep running colonization games, that arena is getting crowded; I guess another one should wait a bit.

No, BJ's got a point, too many NESes in one field will destroy them all. Look what happened to my medieval NES. Completely outclassed by Warmans. :mad:

Top Bottom