NESCraft

Which it would appear I'm bad at. Not a single mouthful of food in a day and a half.

Try taking that new Hunter trait.

fishing with spears seems something you guys should try out. At least if they arent piranhas they wouldnt kill you.

alex994

[1 AP] The fox seems... odd. I don't really think it's an animal. Coupled with the beautiful scene, I feel the need to craft something. A totem made of sticks perhaps?
[1 AP] After watching how sea lions catch fish, I will craft a spear and prepare for my next plans!
[1 AP] I must rest. The allure of the ocean beckons.

JKStockholme

1 AP - Craft Stone Tools with rocks at the bottom of the hill I'm on.
1 AP - Try murdering the bunnies to the south-west for food, using the flint knife included among the Stone Tools. Preferably hide among the grasses while travelling there, to avoid being spotted by the elephants or hogs (or the bunnies).
1 AP - Sleep among the grasses and flowers.

EDIT: I have new orders, adjusted for my new trait request.

Erik the Red

Desired gender: Male
Eye colour: Blue
Eye shape: Round
Hair colour: Red
Hair style: Old Skool Mohawk
Body type: Tall & slender.
Skin tone: 1
Traits : Energetic, Herbal Lore.

I will trade my Charm trait for Lucky

1 AP go hunting for antelope early in the morning with string.
1 AP return to shade of the tree and craft Linen during the middle of the day
1 AP sleep on the Linen mattress and hopefully recover from injuries

ooo oo suggested traits.. lets see...

Scout - extra line of sight and perception of special resources
Sneaky - avoid detection by hostile animals and your own prey
Athlete - can run for a long time, good for dodging animal attacks, fleeing and for reducing AP required for travelling.

maybe sneaky and scout could be the same. just a couple ideas.

Nice update. I liked NK's artistic blood-drawing.

On behalf of those waiting patiently, I think that it would be most fair to allow people to incarnate in the order they signed up, with those who die added to the bottom of the waiting list for reincarnation. At least the dead can still have ghost adventures; those waiting to be born can't do anything. :p

The Waiting List

(in order of application and/or death)

Thlayli
bonefang (has now posted a template, but further down)
TerrisH
Eltain II
lopaz
Justo
noob (Trix)
Talonschild II
Arrow Gamer II

Great update! Note to self: Never eat mushrooms. Or always do. I laughed my ass off and was inspired to write the Second Verse. I love the song attached as well. Orders inbound.

And tuxedohamm, you're so north of me.

Interesting link about early human hunting and how things might appear faster than humans. They aren't! Over longer periods of time, we're faster, since we're stamina runners, not sprinters. We're actually quite able to chase things down with an evolutionary superiority before tools were ever invented. The documentary exemplifies Siberian nomads as a modern example of this evolutionary benefit. It's crazy to see what the human body is actually normatively capable of. Just a FYI, I don't think it translates well into this game terms (it's much more fun when we're weak) but perhaps a Seasoned Runner trait thingy could work, allowing people to better escape predators/chase prey? Sprinter? Guts? Runner?

EDIT: J.K.Stockholme's Athlete suggestion might work very well.

Well, the first day went quite well. I rather liked the update, even if I didn't get enough food for a second day. Well, I think that, now, I will be able to do something...

Milarqui (Change the name in the map! It is wrong!)

1 AP - Pick up some stones and make Stone Tools. I am really going to need those soon!
1 AP - Kill that deer to my west, stealthily approaching it and attacking. If possible, first throw the tools (I suppose it is a stone knife) to distract it and then jump on him with the axe.
If I manage to kill the deer, take as much meat as possible and its hide to the tree and store it up there.
1 AP - Wrap myself in the deer's hide and sleep the night away. Hopefully, the hide will protect me well from the cold wind.

If I am lucky, the rest of the deer will be consumed by the animals and I'll be able to take the clean bones for my use...

Here I am on this warm plain. Where did I come from and how did I get here? But such thoughts are irrelevant aren't they? At least for now. I must embrace the new day with courage and tenacity. I feel death has been here. Perhaps near the river? Giant scaled creatures dwell within it and they do not look the most friendly of beings. Or perhaps a big cat? I can see signs of their presence too... Looks like I'll need to make myself a weapon if I'm going to survive to see dawn again. A spear ought to do... Hold those big cats back. Won't do much against the scalies but I'll avoid the river, if I can, for now. Now I need to find a good, strong, straight bit of wood, some flint and a striking stone...

I'll need food too and water. I think I'll go foraging for juicy berries, herbs, roots and grubs to eat for a while. I'll need the energy for tomorrow. But I'll have to do it carefully... Even though I making a spear there's no point attracting hunters now is there?

Finally I'll need to find somewhere to rest up for the night. The cave is dangerous... too dangerous to explore when I'm tired and just looking for somewhere to sleep. A tree, the one near the water, should be safe enough. If I'm careful the lizards won't see me near the water but the same threat will keep the cats out of the area. Could be perfect... But then if I have enough energy a lit fire could also serve as a deterrent without the risk of going anywhere near the water... Decisions, decisions.

Actions

1AP making a stone spear
1AP foraging for carefully nourishment in my surroundings
1AP light a fire and rest by it as darkness descends. If that is too much for 1AP then I climb the tree by the water and rest up there.

OOC: Will be away from 3pm today to Sunday. I may or may not have the internet/time to NES until I'm back. NPC me if necessary. General themes would be stay safe, go hunting to get some meat and hides, make a sling perhaps, given the number of nasties about. Etc...

Angst I was pretty certain you were to my south when I started.

Day 2

Immaculate

Today's foraging is not so good – it seems you may have to look further afield for fresh pickings, but on this occasion you are cautious of wandering too far. By mid-day, you get to work building yourself a new home. Dragging around piles of cut bamboo, hammering them into place with the blunt end of your axe, tying pieces together with strands of vines and plant stems. As night falls, your dwelling is complete! You could do with a mattress of some kind, but you still have a rather comfortable night's sleep, sheltered from most of the biting bugs outside.

You awake with 5AP (+1 well rested, +1 Energetic Roll). However, this morning you are somewhat alarmed to find there is a giant tiger outside, scent marking the walls of your abode in a relaxed manner. Perhaps it will move on soon; however, you have yet to venture outdoors.

The calming presence of the Pandas has put me in an introspective and spiritual state of mind. I will exchange my 'energetic' trait for 'spiritual' (and keep herblore)

Pixel man Immaculate's traits are therefore spiritual and herb lore.

I possess a dwelling and an ax. And a tiger wants to make my hut its territory.

Actions for today:
Pray & Murder (3AP): Spend the morning in quiet contemplation of the great panda spirit (inside the hut and with the ax close by incase the tiger pokes its head in). Ask it to bring its chilled out panda sleepiness to the tiger and put it into a deep deep slumber as the day’s heat reaches its zenith – preferably close by. As it falls asleep put my trust in the panda spirits and quietly sneak up on the (sleeping?) tiger and with a prayer of thanks to the panda spirits, slit its neck.
By spending three AP i am really focusing my efforts on this for the day.
Fire (1AP): Run some sticks together and light a fire near the entry to the bamboo hut (but not so close as to burn it down). Cook the tiger meat on the fire and eat it.
Rest (1AP): Use the tiger hide (scraped, washed and smoked a bit) as a new rug for my dwelling and take a nap.

Clean off the tiger bones after cooking the meat and keep them.

If this works out then my little dwelling is looking pretty nice- I got a little bamboo hut in the woods- surrounded by pandas with a tiger fur rug. I hereby rename Pandaholme to PandaCrib- ‘cause it’s a cool crib for taking chicas back to.

A note on praying to the great panda spirit: While I hope that the great panda spirit will bring sleep and a peaceful death to the tiger (primary goal), if its possible I would also like it to bring the pandas back- they seem to have moved away (maybe scared of the tiger?)... which makes pixel-man Immaculate very sad indeed.

One of these times I will get the energetic roll :p

Merciary

1 AP: Gather some sticks and start a fire
1AP: Attempt to hunt some boar. This time bring the corpse back with me to my fire so I can break down everything in good time. Cook the meat on the fire.
1 AP: Stay up for a little bit to see if the wolves come at night. If they do offer them some of my extra meat in a show of friendship. If they don't show or they are hostile back up the tree and sleep.

Nintz

Switch Herbal Lore with Animal Lore

1. Create a stone spear.
2. Hunt some fish using the spear, making note of two things. First, realize that predators may approach me. Remain aware and cautious. Secondly, remember that light refracts in water, therefore, the fish can only be speared using extensive stealth and aiming below(?) the fish. Cook and eat. Toss a couple at the cat if it shows back up.
3. Sleep.

Day 2

theDright

You can see an epic mountain range all across the northwest and west, over the water. The nearby river is very wide at its mouth, but you think you can see a shallow ford. Plains and plateaus stretch away into the east. It is warm, but occasionally chilled by a sharp breeze from the west.

1 AP: Go east, avoiding the Apes in the Deciduous Trees to the south, to the Rocks at the edge of the plateau. While watching out for predators, and periodically gazing out to the east and southeast to determine the lay of the land in that direction (I'm on a plateau, I should see pretty far) Craft Stone Tools.

1 AP: Gather some tall Grass on the way back with the Stone Tools, and then head down to the palm Trees south of the starting hill. Proceed to use the Stone Tools and a large Stick to acquire and eat coconuts, dates, other fruits, vegetables, insects, and grubs. Should be not too tiring with the help of the Stone Tools and the large Stick, as I will be working in the shade and taking breaks when the chill westerly breeze blows through. Will put discarded Sticks around my camp, to alert me in the night of intruders. The Stone Tools and the large Stick will serve as weapons for defense as well.

1 AP: With the sun fading and the moon and stars rising, and sheltered beneath the Palm Trees, Craft Linen from the Grass collected earlier. If any time before dawn remains, rest easy using the Linen.

Top Bottom