Ingame Editor

Make everything visible (not just fog of war)
and..
Create city for a particular civ (is it possible to create them for civs not in the session?) / create city-state

Great stuff, I don't know how they left something like this out of the game.

Couple bugs to report:
1) It seems that edited plots can no longer be bought from the buy tile screen
2) I can confirm the "choose a great person" bug -- I finished the liberty tree, got the message, but the icon to actually choose the person doesn't come up. This happened while running only this mod. I saved and exited, disabled it, came back, and it works fine now.

@Donlep and black213
Fog management then ? v5 already contains something like that but not quite what you wanted. It must be possible to achieve what you want and I agree it would be a good feature.

Regarding the addition of new civilizations throughout the course of the game, I don't know if it's possible but it would be nice. I will test it but the last time I tried something like that, civ5 crashed badly. At least I could offer to resurrect a dead player and change its leader (Ok, Napoleon as the head of Egypt would be quite strange)

@Gerse
Thank you for the report. I'm really surprised by those bugs, I have absolutely no idea of what can cause them. I will see if I can reproduce them and eradicate them.

@Pouakai
I purposely designed IGE so that I didn't have to alter any of the original game files, especially not a file as important and contended as Ingame.xml is. As a result, there is no copy/modification/reference/whatever to ingame.xml in IGE.

Actually, I think the "modifying ingame.xml causes the great people bug" is just an urban legend. ;)
It may be the case for a couple of addons including old/improper versions of ingame.xml but, a priori, there is no reason that would prevent this file to be properly modified.

@Gladoscc
Err... Natural wonders are already supported. Please try IGE before you suggest new features. ^^

@Gerse and Puakai
Unfortunately, I have been unable to reproduce those bugs. I was able to choose free great people (tested both with Sainte Sophie and the Liberty tree after I poped 30 great people) and I was able to buy any plot I modified.

If you're certain this has been caused by IGE and are willing to help to fix it, please look at the second post on this thread to see how to enable the LUA logs. Then, if you ever encounter the bug again, save the game, quit civilization and post the lua log and your savegame on this thread.

Finally, if the bug occurs again, don't forget you can always choose to save, reload without IGE, choose your GP, save, reload with IGE.

The great person bug is almost guaranteed to be unrelated to IGE, and is more likely caused by an outdated mod that edits the Notification Panel.

As for new features, I would like a City Development tab where you can:
- Add or remove buildings from a city
- Alter population of the city
- Add to empire gold and culture

and a Science tab where you can add or remove techs for any civ.

Sneaks, the next version should make you happy then. :)
It does not contain everything you mentioned but a good chunk of it. And the rest was already planned for v6.

By the way, version 4 still has a bug with DLCs where the last two items in the improvement list wrap around into the player list. Do you have the improvement list hardcoded to only have a certain height? As I mentioned earlier, the Moai and Terrace Farm improvement seem to be the culprits here.

Ah! The last time you mentioned this bug you didn't mentioned the DLC. Since I didn't have those I couldn't reproduce it and thought it was a cache corruption or something like that.

Actually, the only hardcoded value is the maximum height of the list. If overflow occurs, a new column is supposed to be added and everything repositionned accordingly, the same way it happens for units for example (only one list per era but many columns generated on the fly). So, if I understand you correctly, the maximum height is too short, a new column is added and the owners list is not shifted to the right, am I correct?

EDIT: Just gave a look at the code and I understand why the shift does not occur. Do you need a fix for v4 or can you wait for v5?

I can wait for v5, though I think you can actually afford to make that column a bit longer as well, rather than just shifting, as it appears the height of the column to its left is greater by maybe 20-30 px or so

Indeed, it's a good advice. I reduced the distance with the checkbox below and gave 50 pixels more to the column, this should make room for two to three more improvements.

In order to allow fog edition/painting, I had to let you see the fog of other civilizations without triggering contacts, ruins & wonder discoveries, etc. It appeared it was not straightly possible, changing the fog always triggered diplomatic first contacts & such. I was able to display your own fog, no fog at all but not other civilizations' fog, at least not without messing up with your game. So I was left with two solutions to do it:
* Silently switch players seat as the "have fun" mod does. However, some people reported crashes with this feature and I certainly did not want that.
* Or be creative. Here is the result.

Spoiler :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hope it made you laugh as much as I did. :D
Not sure yet whether I will choose to use *that* or the "take seat" feature.

first of all, thank you for this editor and the work you have put in to it..

is there any chance you could make it work with call to power mod ?.

tnx again

Hello mqiasi.

On this post I provided an attachment that can be used to fix all the problems encountered so far with other mods (unzip and replace the orginal file with the new one in My Documents/My Games/Civ5/Mods/Ingame Editor). Odds are high it will work with CTP too, so I suggest you try it.

If it works, fine, please report it to me. :)

If it doesn't, too bad, I will run both mods for a couple of minutes and, if I encounter any problem, I will try to fix them for v5.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present you... :band:

Ingame Editor v5

Bugfixes:
* Includes all the recent patches for compatibility issues with mods using inconsistent data.
* Better integration with the underlying UI: before, the standard UI elements could not be interacted with (clicking on the diplo button was like clicking on the hex below). Now, only a part of the standard UI is displayed but it is fully interactive. It's far less cumbersome, no more misclicks!

New features:
* A widely revamped UI. Much cooler, clean and convenient.
* Fog management: you can edit and paint fog, reveal the whole map, etc. To accomodate that, switching the active player displays its fog. Finally, you can choose to reveal the map only when IGE is opened without triggering diplomatic contacts and natural wonders encounters.
* Cities edition: increase population, expand cultural borders, change buildings, etc.
* Civilizations edition: add gold, free techs or policies and edit relationships to force wars, declaration of friendships, teaming, etc, etc, etc.
* Many little things here and there, from a better overlay (for example, when IGE is opened, uranium icons will be displayed over hexes even if you don't have the tech) to clearer indications of the active mode (painting icon for painting, etc).

Note: Sorry for the long waiting, however I really wanted to make it highly polished and I did a lot of experiments to achieve that : the mod was close to be finished three times and three times I redid it. Besides, the fog management gave me big headaches and made me waste countless hours, Firaxis sure made it tricky. ;)

Thank you very much, MindXX :)

By the way, I just tried to download my own mod from the in-game browser and it crashed when it tried to install it. I tried to release a copy flagged as v6 with a slightly different header but it keeps crashing and fushing the cache does not solve the problem. This is especially frustrating because winrar and 7z can both extract the .civ5mod file without any problem. Does it happen to anyone else please ?

I hope it does not because it is a 2kgames bug and I have absolutely no idea on how to circumvent it. :(

Thank you very much, MindXX :)

By the way, I just tried to download my own mod from the in-game browser and it crashed when it tried to install it. I tried to release a copy flagged as v6 with a slightly different header but it keeps crashing and fushing the cache does not solve the problem. This is especially frustrating because winrar and 7z can both extract the .civ5mod file without any problem. Does it happen to anyone else please ?

I hope it does not because it is a 2kgames bug and I have absolutely no idea on how to circumvent it. :(

Happened for me.

Great work!

Same problem here. The v5 are OK except the button is not showing in the window. v6 shows up on the page but will not download. In the loading it shows as updated but will not load all the files. v6 is not on your zip list. :confused: Have not had problem with IGE before. Except the quarry problem. I realy enjoy trying out different scenarios with IGE. Waiting with impasience for the correction

Top Bottom