Will this run Civ V?

AlcatrazUK

Chieftain
Afternoon all.

I'm looking to buy a tablet PC, so that I can play Civ from the sofa/bed rather than having to be at my desk the whole time.

I'm very aware I won't be able to play at full quality as I can on my desktop PC, but it's not for everyday gaming, just occasional games.

I've found two potential tablets and wondered if anyone new if they'd run Civ V? I don't own them so can't run the "can you run it" website to check.

Tablet 1:
Toshiba WT310 11.6-inch Tablet PC (Intel Core i5 3339Y 1.5GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit)
can be found here

Tablet 2:
Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-011 10.1-inch Convertible Tablet PC with Keyboard (Atom Z3740 1.33GHz, 2GB RAM, 32GB Memory, eMMC, WLAN, BT Webcam, Windows 8.1, Microsoft Office Included)
can be found here

I'm focusing on a Windows tablet as I want to see if I can play on my desktop specs via a remote connection.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

Traz

The acer aspire will probably not have enough room, unless that is the only thing you want to play and the play will be slow with only 2GB RAMM. Of course you could put steam and Civ5 on a thumb drive.

The Toshiba should play the game. Not sure how well.

Thanks Tim

I think the Toshiba is probably the best option...I guess you get what you pay for.

Only likely to play Civ on there and unlikely to use it all the time, just on occassion. Otherwise it'll be mainly browsing the web and watching videos.

Thanks again for your advice

Top Bottom