Development Thread

we will not support earlier versions of BUG. It will be offered as is, with no support, and will make it known. Not everyone wants to upgrade. I personally hate the change to the wonder that lets you change without anarchy. I don't think there will be as many changes to later versions of BTS, but yes if there are game breaking changes, then I think we should move to 3.0, and stop supporting 2.0 completely, and let that be known, and have 3 releases.

I'm still against this, I don't like to have bugged versions out there, but hey, if you guys prefer to keep it, I can afford it :lol:

I'm going spend about 30 mins or so on seeing what is in BAT now that isn't in EDU, and readding those mods in as well. Won't commit anything to the SVN until I test it and get it working properly, and want to release BUG and BAT together. Expect to see everything done by tomorrow evening, isa.

Oh, but why are you working with EDU and EDA, we have moved to Varietas Delectat, which has both of them inside, improved them, added more units and works fine.
So IMHO you have to start with it, and add to it the other BAT stuff.

And about BAT, IMO before releasing it we have to choose if realize the python to make the GP mod work (better option) or remove all GP files for now... IMHO we shouldn't ask peole to download 200Mb of files that don't work.

And about BAT, IMO before releasing it we have to choose if realize the python to make the GP mod work (better option) or remove all GP files for now.

NikNaks sent me the Python files, and I will take a look at them tomorrow night. This is totally new to me, so can someone write an executive summary of the mod for me please? Just a quick paragraph summarizing what it does.

From past threads, my guess is that this pops up a window when a GP is born with the person's picture and an actual quote. Is that right? If so, is that all?

@Cammagno - hrochland just posted a version of the Tech Chooser with wider tech boxes. Do you (or anyone) think this is something we should add? Do any of the translations overlap the icons to their right (the required techs)?

He built it for a mod of his that has more icons for each tech (more units/buildings/civics/whatever) that end up going past the edge of the cards. We obviously don't have that problem, but translations might as I have been finding in the XML that many of the translated strings are significantly longer than the English versions.

NikNaks sent me the Python files, and I will take a look at them tomorrow night. This is totally new to me, so can someone write an executive summary of the mod for me please? Just a quick paragraph summarizing what it does.

From past threads, my guess is that this pops up a window when a GP is born with the person's picture and an actual quote. Is that right? If so, is that all?
That's right. IIRC, the code allows the following: if you add any GP into the UnitInfos file, adding an art file of the same name into the GreatPeople folder will work as a pop-up.

Alright Nik, I just think it would be quicker to redo it. When you created it, and made the broken code from warlords work with BTS, did you make it all as one, or fix each module by itself, then add them after that? The only MOD I see as being a PITA to redo would be the GreatPerson MOD. Better Ship Scale will be a piece of cake, and so will ActualQuotes.

Okay anymore additions to BUG need to be in by 6pm. (It's now 2:15pm pacific time.) I'm taking the current version, and will be putting out 2.0 by 6pm pacific time. Any additions after that time, will have to wait til 2.01, which will be fairly soon I'm thinking... especially if it's now causing issues with saves being passed off in SGs. This has to be something added in the last 2 weeks or so. Any ideas? Maybe something with reminders in the save?

Anyway, I haven't seen an update with the CTD with BAT, so I'll be working on that while I'm waiting for the 6pm deadline. I'll be announcing this one on the front page, and have put together a very basic web site that I'll add a link to on the Latest Version as well.

okay, so it looks like VD already has an improved version of Better Ship Scale. I just need to throw on the GP mod, and the new road improvements Nik added today, and we'll have a completely working version of BAT for 3.13. If that is the case, I'll upload to the SVN and will put out BAT 1.0 along with BUG 2.0.... I like nice even numbers.

alright, deadlines up, and since I couldn't get the bug running the current version, I'm going to put it out tonight. If anyone disagrees with this, let me know in the next 2 hours.

This is REALLY starting to tick me off. Everytime I export with SVN on Vista it does strange things, and it ends up being a straight copy with all the svn files included. If someone can zip me up a clean version, I'll get it all posted.

N/M. Booting up the old PC and doing it form there and will email myself.

Thanks EF. I goggled the problem, and it's a known issue with Tortoise that only affects Vista. I'm debating about loading a partition of that free linux install... can't remember it's name right now. But anyway, taking care of it now.

2.00 is out, and I have the web page set up and linked in the Latest Version thread.

Nik, I have another version of BAT working, with everything besides the GP Mod, which I plan to add once EF updates the Python. I really think we should take down whats up there, and replace it with what I have. It's working 100%, and has all the working parts of what we want to be in BAT, excluding the GP Mod, but that's a quick transfer. You mind if I do the swap tomorrow?

2.00 is out, and I have the web page set up and linked in the Latest Version thread.

Good one! :goodjob:

Only a couple of small things.
There is an "a" missing in the link for civfanatics ("Fantics").
The 2 animated gif in the hp are pretty :) but the bat picture in the BAT page is not well defined, so I suggest to use a different one, maybe this one:
http://media.a-tono.com/8642/9625.gif

If you like me doing so, I can make the Italian-translated pages.

Fixed the typo. :blush::blush:

That was the first animated bat that was close to the size I needed that I found. If you can find another animated one that can be shrunk instead of having to be expanded, I'll gladly swap it out.

Nik, I have another version of BAT working, with everything besides the GP Mod, which I plan to add once EF updates the Python. I really think we should take down whats up there, and replace it with what I have. It's working 100%, and has all the working parts of what we want to be in BAT, excluding the GP Mod, but that's a quick transfer. You mind if I do the swap tomorrow?
Wow :eek: You've even aded in VD already??

Top Bottom