CIV4 BTS Steam Download

Langly

Chieftain
This should be a pretty straight forward answer.

I tried searchign for the answer but to no avail.

So I bought CIV 4 the Gold edition, with the warlords expansion pack incuded, from walmart. And now I want to buy the BTS expansion. But walmart does nto sell it, and I do not have a game store or electronic store near me to buy it from.

So I was wondering if I could just buy it off steam download it and install it without any problems, even though my initial CIV4 purchase was a CD Hard copy.

in other words. Will I have problems downloading CIV4-BTS off of steam and installing it over my CIV4:Gold edition CD hard copy installation...?

I would recommend contacting Steam first (and would actually recommend trying Direct2Drive - but contact them first as well). The digital distribution of this game is not well done. And it is not a straight forward answer. It should work this way - but there have been people with problems using Civ4 CD and BtS digital - and Gold edition might be even more trouble :sad:
In general: with this game staying within one line of distribution and one vendor when it comes to digital distros is really really to be recommended :gripe:

hmmmm, yea i hear ya...i'll contact steam about. I'd rather much have the disc myself, but its a 45 min drive to the nearest game store or bestbuy....ugghh.

try the Civ4 link on the main page under market place (which is basically an Amazon shop - just embedded on this site) - or go to Amazon or the like directly they ship to your door ;)
Though they tend to be a bit more expensive than some of the store chains nowadays :)

Top Bottom